P1000m5 Headed to royal blue July 1

Flip87

Flip87

Jun 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have rented a cabin for the first weekend in July. I was wondering if they are strict on children wearing helmets on side by side or is it just to cover them for having it in the paper work? Will be a 12 hour drive so I was also wondering what the best way to load the Honda on a trailer to get the best gas mileage and ride? 16ft tandem axle trailer. Thanks

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
State law is helmets for anyone under 18. I always had the best luck pulling the sxs all the way forward, front facing. But either way it's a big parachute back there.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have rented a cabin for the first weekend in July. I was wondering if they are strict on children wearing helmets on side by side or is it just to cover them for having it in the paper work? Will be a 12 hour drive so I was also wondering what the best way to load the Honda on a trailer to get the best gas mileage and ride? 16ft tandem axle trailer. Thanks
For best results, when you first drive up on the trailer it will lift the back of the truck alittle, as you pull forward the weight will down shif on to the toung. Stop when the weight of the rig starts to push down on the truck. For a 16ft trailer you will have about 2 and a half feet before you reach the front of the trailer. The idea is for the trailer to be level with most of the weight of the rig is over the axles, and plenty of weight still pushing down on the truck. Too much in the front of the trailer or too much weight in the back can be very dangerous on the interstate if you start to sway.

Flip87

Flip87

Jun 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For best results, when you first drive up on the trailer it will lift the back of the truck alittle, as you pull forward the weight will down shif on to the toung. Stop when the weight of the rig starts to push down on the truck. For a 16ft trailer you will have about 2 and a half feet before you reach the front of the trailer. The idea is for the trailer to be level with most of the weight of the rig is over the axles, and plenty of weight still pushing down on the truck. Too much in the front of the trailer or too much weight in the back can be very dangerous on the interstate if you start to sway.
Thanks

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn

Should be a good time at Royal Blue .We are suppose to be getting plenty of rain about that time .The rain will make the trails more fun and get rid of the dust.Be safe in your travel here.

Reactions: Delton and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heck yeah RRB rocks after some rain (if you like mud that is lol).

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Should be a good time at Royal Blue .We are suppose to be getting plenty of rain about that time .The rain will make the trails more fun and get rid of the dust.Be safe in your travel here.
Hey BigRack, are you familiar with a route from New River around Bull Creek to Norma? I will be staying at Brimstone , but want to make it over to eternal flame from New River. If I take hurricane road to Norma road then to the flame will law enforcement give me a ticket? I'm not street legal. Or should I just trailer to a TWRA parking area? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Hey BigRack, are you familiar with a route from New River around Bull Creek to Norma? I will be staying at Brimstone , but want to make it over to eternal flame from New River. If I take hurricane road to Norma road then to the flame will law enforcement give me a ticket? I'm not street legal. Or should I just trailer to a TWRA parking area? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I know a little about the area but not how strict the law is in that area. This would be a good question for Jackal. Locals always get by with a little more you know.Sorry for not having info on this.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!