P500 Header wrap on exhaust

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Installed header wrap with stainless steel ties and sound/heat material under seat. Huge difference to stop heat coming up from seat belt area.

20170521 110051

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed header wrap with stainless steel ties and sound/heat material under seat. Huge difference to stop heat coming up from seat belt area.

View attachment 44202
Might want to check underneath every once in a while for moisture buildup. Or it might try to rust on you.

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys, so I did my coolant change this weekend(2015). And I notice that where the bleeder bolt is located right under the seat belts buckles that it gets really hot. I have done the exhaust wrap and also I'm using some kind of heat deflector under the seat. I was wondering if anyone had exhaust wrapped the Bleeder bolt metal tubing area? I think that this is main heat source for the belt area...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!