P1000 Heater question

G

G21C

Apr 29, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,
I would like to install a heater in my P1K-5. Most kits I have found mount the heat exchanger under the seat on the driver’s side.

When hunting sometimes I go though water deep enough to be an 1-2” over the floor. I always go slow. Having the exchanger under the seat seems like it get damaged by water? Am I correct in assuming this? I have never had a heater in a UTV before.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes the “Heater core” is under the seat and the blower is attached to it. Mine is that way and had been through muck mud poop you name it and no issues. Just make sure to clean it/wash it out every so often

Reactions: BigOL3 and Lady01
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes the “Heater core” is under the seat and the blower is attached to it. Mine is that way and had been through muck mud poop you name it and no issues. Just make sure to clean it/wash it out every so often
Indeed...

Reactions: Remington
J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have installed a heater in mine a while back at 2" over to floor you should be ok but you might get water in the duct work. My blower motor almost hits the bottom of the seat so it should be ok any higher probly not.JOE

J

Justonly

Feb 16, 2021
Mound, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would look at the ICE Crusher heater. Mounts in front of the dash. Has a lot of options. They have a option
that the unit will be hot at idle.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!