TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone got the heater yet from Honda? If not, Has any one hear when they will be released?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer told me release was Dec 15 for ordering same as front doors.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Checked with my dealer on Saturday, late January!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doesn't look like I'll be getting a heater this winter.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Late Jan??? How can this be? It aint rocket surgery.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Waiting for accessories like this really throws cold water on this purchase. I counted on having a heater for the WINTER…..I won't need it in spring. I'm sure this heater is made for Honda by an aftermarket company…….seems to be very poor planning if they cannot roll-out some of these high-priced accessories for a new model at the same time. No?? Sorry…..but I get kinda torqed on this kinda treatment. Poor planning on Honda's part. Bad judgement to trust what I was told…..on my part.

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
foggy said:
Waiting for accessories like this really throws cold water on this purchase. I counted on having a heater for the WINTER…..I won't need it in spring. I'm sure this heater is made for Honda by an aftermarket company…….seems to be very poor planning if they cannot roll-out some of these high-priced accessories for a new model at the same time. No?? Sorry…..but I get kinda torqed on this kinda treatment. Poor planning on Honda's part. Bad judgement to trust what I was told…..on my part.

Here is an aftermarket on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-HONDA-PION ... de&vxp=mtr

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Here is an aftermarket on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-HONDA-PION ... de&vxp=mtr[/quote]

Yep. ANd I have considered that one. However, I paid for the Honda wiring harness so everything could be correct and "plug and play" as engineered by Honda. I like stuff that is designed correctly and functions properly. I also have heard of a guy having heating problems with that unit……so I'd like to use the factory brand to assure proper fit and operation. I realize I will pay a little more……it's just that when/if Honda designs it for this specific model…..it should work correctly.

I don't think that's asking too much. Do you?

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
No you need to do what makes you happy. Me I'm just going to put the long johns on,

advertisement
TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree. I like things that is made by the manufacture and is plug and play. I ordered all the extra's when I ordered my pioneer, I have just been waiting, Checked with my dealer again today, Said the heater is going to be released on Jan 15th. Hopefully the Frt Bumper will be in real quick after it's release date. I'm putting the winch on and do not want to put the original bumper back on just to take it back off in a week or two, so there it is sitting and waiting, The same with the switch panel and fuse box just to run the wires in. Guess I'll be waiting. THANKS HONDA!!

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
If in a bind I used to run a hair dryer off a a little generator mounted in the back. Worked awesome 1500watts.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
RoadPro RPSL-681 12V Direct Hook-Up Ceramic Heater/Fan with Swivel Base I was thinking something like this might work if cab is enclosed. Any thoughts?.......

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
duwops70014 said:
RoadPro RPSL-681 12V Direct Hook-Up Ceramic Heater/Fan with Swivel Base I was thinking something like this might work if cab is enclosed. Any thoughts?.......
Not a good idea? The battery ,plus charging system won't be able to keep up with the demand of the draw that the heater will be using.Plus it's not going to be enough heat.{Or at least not where I live in cold temps}

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Yes slowdryrider, I'm not in the market for a heater, was checking into adorable options for those who are looking ideas. I like the plug and play oem but that a lot of doe. But if I were way up north I think it would top the list this time of year.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
It was -10 today….and going to -20f tonight. Those heaters mentioned would be like peeing in an ocean. You aint gonna make much of an impact. ;)

Never considered I could not get a heater and doors. They said and showed pictures……….

P

Put79

Oct 26, 2013
At least you guys have your pioneers....I ordered mine in September (with heater). I've been told, I may get it by feb.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dealer told me yesterday that the Honda Heater will be released on Jan. 15th, I told him that I'll see him on the 16th to pick it up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!