hello 2009 big red tranny help

L

lazer50

Sep 24, 2016
central indiana
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hi guys and gals. Im lance from indiana.i recently bought a 2009 big red from my nephew.600 miles excellent shape,winch,blade well taken care of.the only thing i noticed when i was riding around property was occasionally shifting from 2 to 3 the engine would rev or slip.i didnt think much of it at the time.well i have several pieces of equipment and some golf cart/utility vehicles and i service regular.my nephew doesnt so first on the list was oil change for big red.ok here's what i did.i used recommended oil and filter did not lose washer mentioned in some posts ive seen.but i added lucas oil stabilizer not knowing the transmission worked off the engine oil for operation.after correct fill amount and testing the tranny will occasionally slip going in d or r cold.not always and after reading more and googling is how i found out the engine oil/transmission thing.as far as how long it been operated that way maybe an hour or two.so im sure a fresh oil change will rectify.but are there any updates on the second to third shifting slip problem?i thought i seen a post about a transmission control module issue.if not what is the absolute best oil to use and best filter? Sorry this was long i just wanted to be informative.

J

JTW

Sorry, I have nothing to add. I just couldn't help but picture a Peg Bundy looking man when I read the thread title! Hope someone can help you out!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!