Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Hello, I'm -Bear-

Hi everyone,

My name is Bear. We just bought our first SXS. It's a brand new Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. We (family) currently live in Box Elder SD right at the feet of the Black Hills and just down the road from the Badlands. We are born and raised in the heel of Louisiana. I am retired military and South Dakota was my last assignment before retiring.

I wanted a tractor but the family wanted a toy, so I bought a SXS with the cab, winch, plow, heater, ect. cause I don't want to move snow manually anymore! The dealership did not have all the pieces so I am waiting for some thing to come in. We also have some acreage that will make it easier to do the chores. True be told, I have wanted one for a while now but just did not want to spent the money. So far we love it and I think the bug has officially bit me. I am starting to add all the accessories (radio, rocker switch panel, dual batteries ect.). I love DIY very much. I do design, CAD/CAM programming, manufacturing and fabrication for a living. I look forward to seeing others ideas and sharing mine with everyone.
IMG 3573
Youngest daughter and the dogs with me.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle, Go Cart, Power Wheels
My off-road experience level is: Skilled
My favorite place to ride is: Black Hills

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome and congratulations from the Pacific Northwest!
1000-5 is an all around perfect rig for all your planning on putting a sxs through. Great choice.
Looking forward to your build, hope to see some good family adventures.

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Thanks everyone, I will keep posted on all upgrades. Today I just finished programming a rocker switch panel blank to replace the Safety placard below the differential lock lever. I cut out a test piece on my laser cutter and it lines up perfectly. If anyone want dimensions, drawing, DXF, DWG, STL or solid model. I did Solidworks in both metric and inch so I can add switches and accessories as I buy them.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm -Bear-

Hi everyone,

My name is Bear. We just bought our first SXS. It's a brand new Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. We (family) currently live in Box Elder SD right at the feet of the Black Hills and just down the road from the Badlands. We are born and raised in the heel of Louisiana. I am retired military and South Dakota was my last assignment before retiring.

I wanted a tractor but the family wanted a toy, so I bought a SXS with the cab, winch, plow, heater, ect. cause I don't want to move snow manually anymore! The dealership did not have all the pieces so I am waiting for some thing to come in. We also have some acreage that will make it easier to do the chores. True be told, I have wanted one for a while now but just did not want to spent the money. So far we love it and I think the bug has officially bit me. I am starting to add all the accessories (radio, rocker switch panel, dual batteries ect.). I love DIY very much. I do design, CAD/CAM programming, manufacturing and fabrication for a living. I look forward to seeing others ideas and sharing mine with everyone.
View attachment 154369
Youngest daughter and the dogs with me.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle, Go Cart, Power Wheels
My off-road experience level is: Skilled
My favorite place to ride is: Black Hills

Welcome from “East River”....a little SD lingo for those in other states.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!