Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello, I'm -Bear-

Hi everyone,

My name is Bear. We just bought our first SXS. It's a brand new Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. We (family) currently live in Box Elder SD right at the feet of the Black Hills and just down the road from the Badlands. We are born and raised in the heel of Louisiana. I am retired military and South Dakota was my last assignment before retiring.

I wanted a tractor but the family wanted a toy, so I bought a SXS with the cab, winch, plow, heater, ect. cause I don't want to move snow manually anymore! The dealership did not have all the pieces so I am waiting for some thing to come in. We also have some acreage that will make it easier to do the chores. True be told, I have wanted one for a while now but just did not want to spent the money. So far we love it and I think the bug has officially bit me. I am starting to add all the accessories (radio, rocker switch panel, dual batteries ect.). I love DIY very much. I do design, CAD/CAM programming, manufacturing and fabrication for a living. I look forward to seeing others ideas and sharing mine with everyone.
View attachment 154369
Youngest daughter and the dogs with me.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle, Go Cart, Power Wheels
My off-road experience level is: Skilled
My favorite place to ride is: Black Hills
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! Have fun and be safe!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from East TN!

It is my understanding there is about 600 miles of trails near Sturgis now for SXS use. Can you shed any light on that area. Considering a group ride to that area in the future ( more than a year away)

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Welcome from East TN!

It is my understanding there is about 600 miles of trails near Sturgis now for SXS use. Can you shed any light on that area. Considering a group ride to that area in the future ( more than a year away)

Can't vouche for that exactly. The entire Black Hills is comprised of logging roads and fire trails that combined make up 1000's of miles of riding. This is almost all public land. Deadwood has snowmobile riding trails that total about 600 miles. Here is a link with the maps and trail dates. Some are open year round while others are seasonal.

Black Hills National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping:OHV Trail Riding

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!