Hello from KenandCen

K

KenandCen

Apr 12, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm KenandCen

My wife and I are new P1k owners are really like the machine... but its been in the shop since Oct 4.

I took my 2016 Pioneer 1000 in for the clutch update. The unit had only 250 miles and was experiancing no issues (ran perfect, but I wanted to get ahead of the curve on the clutch). The update was installed Oct 4, 2017, I picked it up brought it home and after approximately 30 mins the Oil Pressure light came on. I stopped the unit checked all fluids and all were okay. I took the unit back to the dealer and they have not been able to find any problem, except the light comes on once the unit really warms up (about 30 mins) There are no codes, no performance issues... nothing wrong except the light.

Today the Honda District Manager suggests there may now be a pinched wire in a harness that is causing the problems so they are looking at that.

Does anyone on here have any thoughts on this issue?

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV, ATV
My off-road experience level is: Trail Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Soggy Bottoms Msiiouri

Reactions: Miss_Oak
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Texas

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Cleveland!
Has the dealer tried re-installing the update again? Replacing all seals with new etc. If it were a wire, I would think it would take less than 30 minutes to show up.

Push them to start fresh with a new install of all new seals. Sound like a nicked seal to me, where once the aluminum warms up and tolerances get loose, a bad seal trips the oil light.

Easy way to diagnos seal vs wire, is test for actual/physical oil pressure with a gauge when light comes on. If pressure drop, look at seals, if pressure is fine. look at wiring.

Reactions: Hawkeye and Eltobgi
K

KenandCen

Apr 12, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Cleveland!
Has the dealer tried re-installing the update again? Replacing all seals with new etc. If it were a wire, I would think it would take less than 30 minutes to show up.

Push them to start fresh with a new install of all new seals. Sound like a nicked seal to me, where once the aluminum warms up and tolerances get loose, a bad seal trips the oil light.

Easy way to diagnos seal vs wire, is test for actual/physical oil pressure with a gauge when light comes on. If pressure drop, look at seals, if pressure is fine. look at wiring.
Neohio, thanks for the reply..
The say the Tech did check the oil pressure and it TOK .... and there are no leaks or any other sign of a physical problem. I'm leaning towards the new seals ideal at this point

Reactions: Eltobgi
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Pa

A

Andy_Corbin

Sep 13, 2017
Buffalo MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm KenandCen

My wife and I are new P1k owners are really like the machine... but its been in the shop since Oct 4.

I took my 2016 Pioneer 1000 in for the clutch update. The unit had only 250 miles and was experiancing no issues (ran perfect, but I wanted to get ahead of the curve on the clutch). The update was installed Oct 4, 2017, I picked it up brought it home and after approximately 30 mins the Oil Pressure light came on. I stopped the unit checked all fluids and all were okay. I took the unit back to the dealer and they have not been able to find any problem, except the light comes on once the unit really warms up (about 30 mins) There are no codes, no performance issues... nothing wrong except the light.

Today the Honda District Manager suggests there may now be a pinched wire in a harness that is causing the problems so they are looking at that.

Does anyone on here have any thoughts on this issue?

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV, ATV
My off-road experience level is: Trail Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Soggy Bottoms Msiiouri

Sounds like you are having similar luck as me. I purchased a 2017 p1k limited and have had it in the shop 4 times now... it has been having a shifting issue 2 times, stuck in 2wd, and recently a front dif oil leak today... 463 miles...... I've been having problems since 200 miles. Today I told the dealer to keep the pos....

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Welcome from Kentucky

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from SC! Good luck on repairs...hopefully you will be back and playing soon!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE Missouri

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@superman
This is the thread we are referencing in your welcome thread.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hope it all works out. I am waiting on a local dealer to get the parts in to do mu updates. Welcome from Georgia!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!