P1000m5 Hello from the Colorado Rockies

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New P-1000 5 owner here. 6' of new snow in a few days made what was going to be a spring purchase into a need right now deal just to get to work without 5 hours of plowing everyday.

We got her set up with tracks at the dealer. Included were hardtop, windshield, wiper, heater, and soft top options. As the owner of a full size Piston Bully Turbo diesel snowcat I can say that our P1000 does not disappoint in the snow! To prevent packing the existing roads I took her through 1-1/2 miles of up to 8' deep of completely ungroomed snow pack to make a new route to my place. Engage low range 4x4 and go...just that easy.

Really looking forward to spring when I can put the tires and wheels on! She will be business tasked to service remote telecom repeaters HVAC systems in her real life.

Honda Snow 1

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Welcome from North Dakota! Well I'm envious of you tracks and your beautiful scenery! If you get a chance it would be great if you could get some video of breaking new trails! We love pictures and more so videos! Great picture...I would say that it would make a great entry in January ROTM!

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New P-1000 5 owner here. 6' of new snow in a few days made what was going to be a spring purchase into a need right now deal just to get to work without 5 hours of plowing everyday.

We got her set up with tracks at the dealer. Included were hardtop, windshield, wiper, heater, and soft top options. As the owner of a full size Piston Bully Turbo diesel snowcat I can say that our P1000 does not disappoint in the snow! To prevent packing the existing roads I took her through 1-1/2 miles of up to 8' deep of completely ungroomed snow pack to make a new route to my place. Engage low range 4x4 and go...just that easy.

Really looking forward to spring when I can put the tires and wheels on! She will be business tasked to service remote telecom repeaters HVAC systems in her real life.

View attachment 31966
Awsome! Do these remote places need some plumbing work? Maybe I need to relocate lol. Keep the pictures coming and welcome from Wisconsin.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awsome! Do these remote places need some plumbing work? Maybe I need to relocate lol. Keep the pictures coming and welcome from Wisconsin.
LOL there is plumbing work in this area ( at the moment). I am a plumbing/HVAC/controls contractor. Like any rural area, it is a boom and or bust living. I have some clients in some crazy remote areas and service calls can involve sleds, ATVs (Now a HONDA SXS :)) and snow cats. All our service vehicles are 4x4 out of necessity.

There are some amazing SXS riding opportunities in our local area. Towns such as Pitkin, and Lake city are SXS "friendly and have direct access to trails and roads that snake through 100s of miles of some of the most breathtaking scenery imaginable. I have what's left of an 1800s mining ghost town less than a mile from my residence. It is not uncommon to see trail rides of 10-50 SXS on some of the USFS roads here during the summer.

More pictures incoming as soon as I get a break from clearing snow (16 hours in the cab of a snowblower this weekend getting ready for the next series of storms).........while my wife drove the Honda around to "get used to it."

Honda Snow 2

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Texas

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard from SE Missouri!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Nashville tn

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Alberta Canada.

RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Minnesota!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

advertisement
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK, so I have to ask, do the tracks just bolt on in place of the wheels? Are they worth it in snow and such?

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
OK, so I have to ask, do the tracks just bolt on in place of the wheels? Are they worth it in snow and such?

If you can stomach the sticker shock they are 100% worth it. They bolt onto the studs just like tires but there's also brackets that bolt to the lower a-arms. They use a spring system to keep them from rotating around into the wheel wells.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know they are not cheap. How well do they perform in the snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I know they are not cheap. How well do they perform in the snow?

You don't even have to think about it most of the time. It just goes anywhere. The only thing that can get you stuck is DEEP fresh powder going uphill. I'd say it would take at least 5 feet of fresh stuff. Also if you high center on a log you've got to be careful.

Reactions: Elkhunter
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don't even have to think about it most of the time. It just goes anywhere. The only thing that can get you stuck is DEEP fresh powder going uphill. I'd say it would take at least 5 feet of fresh stuff. Also if you high center on a log you've got to be carefu
My snow equipment includes a 300hp turbo diesel snowcat with 5'wide tracks. If it wasn't 14'wide it would go anywhere. Let's just say that my first cross country trail breaking trip in the P1K was tempered with the knowledge of the nightmare of getting stuck in deep snow. The first 100, yards were, across a gigantic 8'drift and I was just waiting to tip and sink into the side of the drift. The P1K had me grinning in short, order. It compacts the snow about as much as the cat.....and is a lot more, fun. If you need to do serious snow in moderate terrain, tracks get it done. The jury is out on steep hills, perhaps this weekend some scientific testing is in order.

Reactions: popeye and joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!