Hey all, new honda guy here from WV, just picked up a 2016 P1k
548DCF6D 3D59 4614 856D BEA25BAEA985

oldaker201

oldaker201

Nov 30, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from another Great Lakes Stater!

Nice rig! How many miles? Was all the updates done to that 16'
it had 372 miles on it, the way it sits in that picture is the way i bought it, i found a honda glass front window on facebook marketplace that someone local had so i got that and then i got the soft panel rear, just waiting on the soft upper doors to come in now so i can ride a little here in WV, its cold!!!!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
it had 372 miles on it, the way it sits in that picture is the way i bought it, i found a honda glass front window on facebook marketplace that someone local had so i got that and then i got the soft panel rear, just waiting on the soft upper doors to come in now so i can ride a little here in WV, its cold!!!!!
Cold! Come to the great white north, I'd take ur temps all day lol

There's a thread on here for the 16-17 clutch update. It was a recall. The thread shows u how to identify if u had it done or not. I'd suggest to check it. Also very important on a 16' is to snorkel it asap! a first model year and a lot of hiccups were in there. I have one lol.
There's a lot of info on here to help u out so u don't have the catastrophic issues. That can plague the 2016 model year.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
haha its cold for me!!! thanks for the tips, ill search around and try and find that info and check it out, and if i do have the clutch recall version, is that a DIY? snorkel makes it sound like i need a pair of goggles as well
HA! I didn't snorkel my Deluxe, but I got over driving in deep water 30 years ago! HA! Congrats on the best Pioneer! I like the nasty rocky trails with vertical climbs over rock ledges, think I've used my winch twice.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Hello Jane, Welcome to the forum. I'm Harvey.

Google Maps says you're approximately 125 miles from my home.

I've been a Pioneer owner and forum member for a year so I'm still a newcomer to the SxS world.

My buggy is street legal and registered in WV. If I can help you let me know.

oldaker201

oldaker201

Nov 30, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello Jane, Welcome to the forum. I'm Harvey.

Google Maps says you're approximately 125 miles from my home.

I've been a Pioneer owner and forum member for a year so I'm still a newcomer to the SxS world.

My buggy is street legal and registered in WV. If I can help you let me know.

Haha Jane Lew is the name of our town, but nice to meet ya Harvey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
haha its cold for me!!! thanks for the tips, ill search around and try and find that info and check it out, and if i do have the clutch recall version, is that a DIY? snorkel makes it sound like i need a pair of goggles as well
Haha no goggles. Its just for the machine. The vent lines are very low. So even hitting light water you can have issues. The air intake uner the hood needs the mod as well.
heres a link to my P1 build, should help you with some of those things.
You can do the clutch yourself but it can be a job if your not mechanical.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!