Hello guys i have a question about honda steering rack part numbers.

L

LukasTalonR556

Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2020
Voorhees, New Jersey
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey like to start off by saying Thanks for any help if possible. One of the Talons in my riding group he snapped off the end off his steering rack and wile trying to get the parts ordered there are 2 possible part numbers for the rack. Dont know what one to order.
53840-HL6-A01
53840-HL6-A11
Its a 2019 Honda Talon R and I can't find anything saying what the difference is Thats us getting home 10 miles threw the woods in 12in of snow like that. It was a hell of a adventure. We love the Talons we have 3 for now in the group 2019,2020,2021 all are the R.
Screenshot 20201220 105818 QuickPic

20201219 155504

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
53840-HL6-A01 fits the X model but has been superceded by 53840-HL6-A41

53840-HL6-A11 fits the R but has been superseded by 53840-HL6-A51. <<<You want this one.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
53840-HL6-A01 fits the X model but has been superceded by 53840-HL6-A41

53840-HL6-A11 fits the R but has been superseded by 53840-HL6-A51. <<<You want this one.

Are these new numbers improved units? If so, any idea what the changes made were?

Reactions: Mopower58
C

carlsonjmc

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey like to start off by saying Thanks for any help if possible. One of the Talons in my riding group he snapped off the end off his steering rack and wile trying to get the parts ordered there are 2 possible part numbers for the rack. Dont know what one to order.
53840-HL6-A01
53840-HL6-A11
Its a 2019 Honda Talon R and I can't find anything saying what the difference is Thats us getting home 10 miles threw the woods in 12in of snow like that. It was a hell of a adventure. We love the Talons we have 3 for now in the group 2019,2020,2021 all are the R. View attachment 242301View attachment 242300
View attachment 242299
Get a better rack from Hess motorsports. My x rack is on its way out and you better believe I’ll be replacing it with a better product. I love my Talon but there were corners cut for sure on this thing.
Billet Steering Rack (Non Live Valve) - Honda Talon 1000 X / 1000 R

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Get a better rack from Hess motorsports. My x rack is on its way out and you better believe I’ll be replacing it with a better product. I love my Talon but there were corners cut for sure on this thing.
Billet Steering Rack (Non Live Valve) - Honda Talon 1000 X / 1000 R

I agree.

It only hurts the wallet once to upgrade the rack. At around $350 each for a stock rack and a ton of labor/time to swap it out i wouldn't want to put a potential ticking time bomb back in there and have to do it all over again after the next snow ride.

RB3 is releasing a billet steering rack in the near future that may be something to look in to. Specs and pricing are still up in the air though.

Reactions: Mopower58
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've seen both and didn't really see any changes at first glance.

Maybe they changed something internal?

I was hoping you were going to say that its a new and greatly improved unit. :confused: If you do hear of anything please let us know.

Its not really a big deal now that there are billet aftermarket options that will be alot stronger than stock. My worry was not being able to get my hands on a stock one one easily if/when the need arose. With Hess and RB3 making them now, im not worried any more.

advertisement
H

HondaTech

I was hoping you were going to say that its a new and greatly improved unit. :confused: If you do hear of anything please let us know.

Its not really a big deal now that there are billet aftermarket options that will be alot stronger than stock. My worry was not being able to get my hands on a stock one one easily if/when the need arose. With Hess and RB3 making them now, im not worried any more.

I never really paid that much attention to them honestly. It could be anything that's changed.

We just received our first RaceCo rack its amazing. I doubt we'll ever need another rack after this one.

Reactions: CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I never really paid that much attention to them honestly. It could be anything that's changed.

We just received our first RaceCo rack its amazing. I doubt we'll ever need another rack after this one.

I Totally forgot to mention the Raceco rack. Doh!

Does Raceco make one that is the same ratio as stock or are you going to remove the steering quickener? (if you guys were running one)

I'd say if it handles a 1000 mile Baja race with big tires and no problem its probably indestructible for what we are using them for. Short of hitting a tree anyway. Lol

H

HondaTech

I Totally forgot to mention the Raceco rack. Doh!

Does Raceco make one that is the same ratio as stock or are you going to remove the steering quickener? (if you guys were running one)

I'd say if it handles a 1000 mile Baja race with big tires and no problem its probably indestructible for what we are using them for. Short of hitting a tree anyway. Lol

I'm pretty sure its the same, we are running a Hess quickner, but haven't tried them together.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm pretty sure its the same, we are running a Hess quickner, but haven't tried them together.

They may have made changes since first posting this design in July, but it says 1.5-1 ratio in the description. I remember thinking "Damn, I'd have to remove the brand new Hess quickener to be able to use that".

Screenshot 20201224 211633 Samsung Internet

I kinda hope they decided to make it 1-1. It is definitely the beefiest looking one that I have seen yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!