Hello Honda SxS'ers!

NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to echo the others of wanting a tip out windshield that can be used with a wiper for the 1000. Would buy it in a heart beat!

I have passed along your recommendation. We've actually manufactured a tip-up hardcoated windshield with a washer/wiper motor for one of our OEM clients, so I know it can be done.

Reactions: JTW
NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Also, sorry I've been away for a while. Been on the road doing the tradeshow thing.

In post #13 above, I mentioned that we ran a 1,000,000-wipe test on our Quantum hardcoated polycarbonate. Found out today that it was 1,400,000 wipes. Not that it mattered in the end...

Reactions: sharp
NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Speaking of tradeshows, next one up is the American International Motorcycle Expo in Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 21-24.

Motorcycles, scooters, dirtbikes, ATV's and UTV's.

We'll have our UTV stuff on display. Come on by if you're in the neighborhood.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A bit off-topic...
Bought a HD sportster in 2007 and got the QD windshield from HD for like $400. Biggest waste of $$$ ever. Stopped several times out in the desert...so pissed from the buffeting YET still getting hit in the face by bugs, that i was determined to toss it out in the sage. Thinking of the price finally stopped me. Finally hacked up the brackets to raise the shield, ruining it aesthetically, but making functional.

I then did what i should have done in the 1st place and bought the PlexiFaring 3 from National cycle for like $150. TOTALLY transformed the bike with a calm pocket of air surrounding the rider. I could, literally, ride in 40 degree weather with just a jacket due to the absence of wind. Some of the best money I've ever spent.

Good job, NC!

Reactions: knuckledeep
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are we getting any closer for a windshield for the 1000?

NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
A bit off-topic...
Bought a HD sportster in 2007 and got the QD windshield from HD for like $400. Biggest waste of $$$ ever. Stopped several times out in the desert...so pissed from the buffeting YET still getting hit in the face by bugs, that i was determined to toss it out in the sage. Thinking of the price finally stopped me. Finally hacked up the brackets to raise the shield, ruining it aesthetically, but making functional.

I then did what i should have done in the 1st place and bought the PlexiFaring 3 from National cycle for like $150. TOTALLY transformed the bike with a calm pocket of air surrounding the rider. I could, literally, ride in 40 degree weather with just a jacket due to the absence of wind. Some of the best money I've ever spent.

Good job, NC!

We first introduced that windshield in 1970. Other windshield designs have come and gone, but the Plexifairing just keeps going and going and...

Glad you like it. Ride safe.

Reactions: DG Rider
NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Are we getting any closer for a windshield for the 1000?

Management is aware of the demand for windshields for the Pioneer 1000, as well as options for a tip-up or fold-down polycarbonate windshield as requested in this thread.

Unfortunately, the engineering department is backed up with a huge workload of OEM projects right now. Aftermarket projects always take a back seat to OEM projects.

I'm just as anxious as you to get this done.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And there contract is up too.

They have a nice windshield but I really dont think the market picked up on it like hoped.

I haven't seen one in person or even a picture of one outside what's shown.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And there contract is up too.

They have a nice windshield but I really dont think the market picked up on it like hoped.

I haven't seen one in person or even a picture of one outside what's shown.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think they have more than enough business with out us S x S owners, that's great.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!