Hello

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its my ol Honda CR500. She's my fun girlfriend on the side, like to go out and stretch my elbows when I get a chance.

Reactions: sharp and swsebek
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Like the crew cab Dodge, and is that a classic Weekend Warrior toy hauler?
Shows good taste in accessories for the P1k.

Welcome from Ohio.

Oh yea, your roof is really cool.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks so much its a 1965 power wagon, and yeah its a 2004 weekend warrior. good eye! Thanks for sharing your input on my roof, I may have a problem,I have built everything on it and keep looking for more. Doing a rear bed extender next, out of 1" x 1" aluminum square tube. So far, all my accessories I have built myself. 3" lift (copied high lifters pictures on their website with my CNC plasma), tailgate brackets so it sits flat when open, half and full windshield, and obviously the top.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really wanting to make a lift with an extra hole in the bracket system that has a "trailer" setting so it is actually lowered rather than lifted. Right now i have to do some tricks to make it fit in my toyhauler. Also, a few will hate me for this, I think I'll make a new roll-cage.... Its just so big and bulky, I'm 6'3" and have oodles of room. Chromoly pipe and a few tabs for the seatbelts.
Roll

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Really wanting to make a lift with an extra hole in the bracket system that has a "trailer" setting so it is actually lowered rather than lifted. Right now i have to do some tricks to make it fit in my toyhauler. Also, a few will hate me for this, I think I'll make a new roll-cage.... Its just so big and bulky, I'm 6'3" and have oodles of room. Chromoly pipe and a few tabs for the seatbelts.
.View attachment 53546

I wouldn't worry about what others think! Do what makes you happy! This is 'Murica for Pete's sake!

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
.View attachment 53546
No one will hate you for making a new cage. A few guys here have made their own. Heck lots of guys want to do it, but finding the bungs is the problem.

Reactions: swsebek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No one will hate you for making a new cage. A few guys here have made their own. Heck lots of guys want to do it, but finding the bungs is the problem.

Nope go for it. I am 6'2" and after driving @joeymt33 machine I don't think I am going to try it my head still hurts from bouncing off the roof and the sound bar and the roof. It seemed to be SLIGHTly less tippy even with the heavy wet sounds bar he has, which I like the idea of, but I don't like hitting my head on the roof. He's an inch or two shorter and its fine for him though.

anybody under 5'10" could take enough off the roof that it'd be more stable, but the height is there to prevent a roll down a hill so its also a tradeoff, the factory cage seems like it is not strong enough to take a multi-roll crash so if I were going to chop it Id replace the whole thing with something stronger, and a more rigid structural design not just chop the uprights.

Reactions: joeymt33
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I feel ya there, literally, ouch... Don't really wanna worry about hitting my head, i do that enough already.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum, lots of good information and people here. Be sure to check out our how to sections for each model regarding maintenance and mods. It can answer in detail many questions people have regarding their machines.

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it sounds like no one has really fed much of anything to them, a few here and there but.. I'm gonna take it to T&N performance one day and ol Tony will hook a guy up. I don't know what he would recommend as far as flashing but I am sure he'd open up some ports and make it suck up some more air and give it a bigger opening to get rid of it. I really want the power commander V and auto tune to add to all that. I have a hard time taking in my new rig in 100% working order, to be torn into but in no life of mine will I be getting beat by a Ranger 1000 in a drag race. I have a strong feeling some body is gonna come up with a Bigger and Better cam system, i hear the African twin is the same thing with a much more aggressive cam. . Come on all you old wizards, I know Honda makes it, lets Tune it in!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!