LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
It struggles for bout a minute and then starts
Weird. I know mine doesn't start well if I don't turn the key on and let it sit for a couple of seconds. I usually turn the switch and wait for the Honda welcome thing to go off.
Is it turning over just not cranking?

Reactions: ByronM
Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Weird. I know mine doesn't start well if I don't turn the key on and let it sit for a couple of seconds. I usually turn the switch and wait for the Honda welcome thing to go off.
Is it turning over just not cranking?
Yeah it turns over and I recently sunk it but I changed oil three times clean air filter box clean fuel lines clean gas tank just don't know

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah it turns over and I recently sunk it but I changed oil three times clean air filter box clean fuel lines clean gas tank just don't know

Welcome Nick.

You sort of left off the "sunk it" detail. Any other things that could be related?
How recent was this? how sunk?? Give as much detail as you can.

When it went under you got every connection wet. A good practice is to disconnect wiring harnesses and add di-electric grease to every imaginable contact.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome Nick.

You sort of left off the "sunk it" detail. Any other things that could be related?

When it went under you got every connection wet. A good practice is to disconnect wiring harnesses and add di-electric grease to every imaginable contact.
As gator said above there has to be water somewhere in it still. I've heard of people having to change the oil several times to get everything out.

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'll second what @Gator said we need more details.

Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome Nick.

It was sunk two weeks ago exhaust was full of water gas tank was as well air box full of dried mud oil was milky digital dash went out it starts after about 45 sec- min of turning over and then seems to run fine if you give a little spray of carb cleaner to air box it starts up a lot faster

advertisement
Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was sunk two weeks ago exhaust was full of water gas tank was as well air box full of dried mud oil was milky digital dash went out it starts after about 45 sec- min of turning over and then seems to run fine if you give a little spray of carb cleaner to air box it starts up a lot faster

IMG 1403

Reactions: Eltobgi and Gator
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Before you restarted it did you pull the plug and crank it over to get any water out of the cylinder?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok good. Jeez it could be so many things. I'd first follow @Gator 's advice in post #6. Also might try replacing the spark plug as an easy "who knows it might work" fix. The fuel may still be contaminated too. Try those things first and if you're still having issues it may be time for a compression test.

Reactions: Eltobgi and Brentc
Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok good. Jeez it could be so many things. I'd first follow @Gator 's advice in post #6. Also might try replacing the spark plug as an easy "who knows it might work" fix. The fuel may still be contaminated too. Try those things first and if you're still having issues it may be time for a compression test.
Okay thanks

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
WOW! How the heck did you end up in there? That would be a good ROTM entry.
The mud would be my bigger concern. That went all through the engine and you might see it start to smoke soon.

I'm sorry to say that but it is likely.
At least he got a picture though right?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!