Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
At least he got a picture though right?

So the rule is... Show a "picture or it didn't happen". Maybe if Nick had not taken a picture he could wake up and it would have all been a dream.

Reactions: Tflynn
Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
WOW! How the heck did you end up in there? That would be a good ROTM entry.
The mud would be my bigger concern. That went all through the engine and you might see it start to smoke soon.

I'm sorry to say that but it is likely.
smoke as in the motor the rings what do you suggest i changed oil twice before starting what do u recommend should i bring it to dealer and see what they say im still under year warranty but will they be able to tell it was sunk

Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
smoke as in the motor the rings what do you suggest i changed oil twice before starting what do u recommend should i bring it to dealer and see what they say im still under year warranty but will they be able to tell it was sunk
and i sure do wish it was just a dream thanks guys

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Changing the oil several times is definitely a must. I even ran a quart of diesel with my oil on a Honda foreman I submerged. Anything you can do to flush the sand out. Change the oil as many times as you can afford and you will have done about all you can. There are additives you can use (instead of diesel). Maybe some of the mechanics on the forum have some tricks.

Even clean creek water has sand in it. That sand will collect in the worse places. It likes to get up around the rings and score the cylinders.

I didn't (don't) mean to scare you. We've all done it, and you said you didn't restart it until you cleaned it out.

I don't advocate taking it to the dealer for the engine, but if he can clean and grease all the electrical connections for a small fee, that would be great. I have always hated trying to unplug automotive type electrical plugs.

Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Changing the oil several times is definitely a must. I even ran a quart of diesel with my oil on a Honda foreman I submerged. Anything you can do to flush the sand out. Change the oil as many times as you can afford and you will have done about all you can. There are additives you can use (instead of diesel). Maybe some of the mechanics on the forum have some tricks.

Even clean creek water has sand in it. That sand will collect in the worse places. It likes to get up around the rings and score the cylinders.

I didn't (don't) mean to scare you. We've all done it, and you said you didn't restart it until you cleaned it out.

I don't advocate taking it to the dealer for the engine, but if he can clean and grease all the electrical connections for a small fee, that would be great. I have always hated trying to unplug automotive type electrical plugs.
Thanks a lot for all the advise it seems to be running fine would u have any advice on the starting issue

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
For an inexpensive home remedy:
New spark plugs ( @Tflynn suggested that)
Get a can of spray electronic cleaner and some dielectric grease.
Find and unplug every electrical plug on the pioneer. (ONE AT A TIME)
Spray it with cleaner and use a generous amount of grease.
Pick up a product that is designed to mix with the water and burn. Methanol works best but makes O2 sensors freak out.

A small crack in the spark plug can be near impossible to see, but will do weird things.
Cleaning and greasing the connections will get any water and corrosion out, as well as protect against water next time you get in to deep.
A little water might still exist in the fuel filter or fuel lines.

Nickjohnson

Nickjohnson

Oct 27, 2016
Lafayette Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
For an inexpensive home remedy:
New spark plugs ( @Tflynn suggested that)
Get a can of spray electronic cleaner and some dielectric grease.
Find and unplug every electrical plug on the pioneer. (ONE AT A TIME)
Spray it with cleaner and use a generous amount of grease.
Pick up a product that is designed to mix with the water and burn. Methanol works best but makes O2 sensors freak out.

A small crack in the spark plug can be near impossible to see, but will do weird things.
Cleaning and greasing the connections will get any water and corrosion out, as well as protect against water next time you get in to deep.
A little water might still exist in the fuel filter or fuel lines.
Thanks so much man I will try this and my display just lights up orange now word or symbols

advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Nick, What did you find out? Is it cranking any better?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!