Help needed with soft roof

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
So when I bought my Pioneer it had a Honda soft top installed. Unfortunately on the trip home the fiberglass rods came out. The dealer ordered up a new set that included 4 rods and 4 connectors. Now I'm a pretty handy person, but for the life of me can't figure this thing out. If I combine the 2 rods it is way to long to go fro the to back, and alone they are way to short for side to side. The dealer has no install instructions, does anyone have some? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Nice, thanks. I went to the dealership today hoping to find that exact thing, but they had nothing.

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Well I figured out why things didn't make sense. Honda ships you 39" fiberglass rods, they are generic to fit all roofs. You need to cut them down to fit the various locations, which isn't a big deal. Roof is back in shape.

Reactions: Jshell3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!