P500 HELP. P500 DOWN

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
Check engine light came on shifter went to ----- just a line. No Speedo at all reads 0 the hole time. Stays in gear till I shut it off then it will shift down then run for 15 sec or so then same problem. It will idle for ever no problem ............

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
It is in limp mode . No idea why but that is what happens when the computer senses a harmful problem .

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
How do I get it out of limp mode?

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
Did a load test on battery. It goes down to week.....???? Bad battery maybe?

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
I'm going to take the battery to auto zone in the morning. Have them do a load test also if that's not it I'm stumped .

Reactions: Jshell3
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'm going to take the battery to auto zone in the morning. Have them do a load test also if that's not it I'm stumped .
Careful . I had similar problem on my Honda Rubicon . Auto Zone and O'Rileys both tested it and said it was good . Not believing them , I took it to Polaris dealer , they tested it with the correct equipment and guess what ,? They said it was stone cold junk . Being happy that a battery could cure my sick Rubicon I bought one from them (more expensive than other places) and it was a MIRACLE ! My Rubicon was fixed !

Reactions: Johnsee
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
How long should a battery last in these 500s?
Mines a 2015 and I dont have but 250 miles on it. I do use a battery tender. I connect it every month or two and let it sit a week+ everytime

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
How long should a battery last in these 500s?
Mines a 2015 and I dont have but 250 miles on it. I do use a battery tender. I connect it every month or two and let it sit a week+ everytime

A lot depends on how the battery has been treated. Letting a normal battery fall below 50% charge is bad. They charge back up pretty fast but they get hot under a charge, heat is what kills them, warps the plates inside. Deep cycle's have thicker plates and can handle that better, but they usually have low CCA. I run a good tender, that won't overcharge, all through the winter.

Not an expert or anything, just been reading up on it lately. ;)

D

Deleted member 3748

A lot depends on how the battery has been treated. Letting a normal battery fall below 50% charge is bad. They charge back up pretty fast but they get hot under a charge, heat is what kills them, warps the plates inside. Deep cycle's have thicker plates and can handle that better, but they usually have low CCA. I run a good tender, that won't overcharge, all through the winter.

Not an expert or anything, just been reading up on it lately. ;)

You have it right. Deep cycle batteries can handle deep discharges and charges (cycles). Standard batteries can handle about one deep discharge. My latest cars draw so much power just sitting there that I get no warning when the battery is about to die. It's just over when I try to start it. It makes me miss the old days when we could go for a month hearing wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, Start!

As I have mentioned before... I play with a solar power panel in the garage. It's a great way to learn a lot about batteries, DC inverters, and electricity as you push your panel and batteries to their very limit. It also gives you a convenient spot to test all of your 12V Pioneer accessories. If you're interested, then I apologize for showing you another hole to throw your money into. :D

74792 606732076013882 826501759 n1

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
Of course I've done maybe 40 tests on the battery all good. I've checked every wire on this thing and so far far I'm SOL. I'll keep everyone posted when I find it good to the dealer tomorrow

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Of course I've done maybe 40 tests on the battery all good. I've checked every wire on this thing and so far far I'm SOL. I'll keep everyone posted when I find it good to the dealer tomorrow
Dang.

Please do.

D

Deleted member 3748

Has anything unusual happened recently? Submerge it? Powerwash? How is the oil level?

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
As I have mentioned before... I play with a solar power panel in the garage. It's a great way to learn a lot about batteries, DC inverters, and electricity as you push your panel and batteries to their very limit. It also gives you a convenient spot to test all of your 12V Pioneer accessories. If you're interested, then I apologize for showing you another hole to throw your money into. :D

View attachment 39039[/QUOTE]
That looks like a fun hobby

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!