P1000 Help: Pioneer 1000 dies after it reaches normal operating temperature!

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Wow so far so good!
It has not died a single time all weekend I am going to consider it fixed!
Not a bad repair, sandpaper and a little aggravation and we are good to go.
Thanks for a informative Forum and all it's supporters!!!!
Now if I could fix my engine knock that easily, off with the head and inspection of the pistons is next Saturdays project.

M

Manjackbaja

May 21, 2020
Baja sur
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank god there’s hope , having similar issues with my 2019 1000 10,000 miles, here in Baja pulling my hair out , checking grounds ,connectors , sensors etc but will focus on shift control motor now
My machine runs like a champ until coming up to operating temp about 5 miles down the beach and die, restart immediately put in gear shows
D and clunk engages but rpm goes up but machine doesn’t move .let it sit 5 minutes put it in gear away I go for a mile a die repeat until I limp back to casa .
Only difference in my case is an E will replace the D just before it dies and if I keep the rpm up it will continue to run until I let of throttle and it dies.
I will remove check clean the shift motor , any other thoughts?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!