A

Ashtrx520

Jun 23, 2024
Nottingham England
Ownership

1. 520
Hi this is my first thread be gentle
I have bought a faulty trx520FA
The guy I bought it of has replaced a broken balance shaft after putting it all together it was stuck in reverse and do nothing I have managed to get it in neutral
But it won’t select any gears the neutral light flashers when I press the gear selector switch,,before that I was getting error 24
I had 2 long blinks then 4 short blinks.
Any suggestions where to look next?
Cheers

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hi this is my first thread be gentle
I have bought a faulty trx520FA
The guy I bought it of has replaced a broken balance shaft after putting it all together it was stuck in reverse and do nothing I have managed to get it in neutral
But it won’t select any gears the neutral light flashers when I press the gear selector switch,,before that I was getting error 24
I had 2 long blinks then 4 short blinks.
Any suggestions where to look next?
Cheers
Welcome from the states.

This is a SXS forum not necessarily for the trx. But there are some folks that have experience with these and will be alog shortly to help.

Reactions: Backwoods
A

Ashtrx520

Jun 23, 2024
Nottingham England
Ownership

1. 520
Still having issues without the code?

If the unit is indeed a 2019 than its a 500 not a 520

Code 24 is related to the shift motor, when you press the button does the shift motor make any noise or seem to be attempting to shift?
Thanks for the reply the build date says aug 2019 so must be a 20 👍🏻
Yes I have tried the motor off a battery it runs fine.
If you remove the motor and leave to the side,when you turn it on the motor will run for a second or so.
It’s also had a new angle sensor.
I have l turn the emergency nut next to the motor and managed to select neutral and had it to go in first gear, but now after fiddling again, it’s stuck in reverse. I’m beginning to think when someone’s had the gearbox apart, they’ve put something in wrong.🤷🏻‍♂️
Should that leaver Easy select gears when it’s moved
Thanks again

Reactions: TxDoc
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The guy I bought it of has replaced a broken balance shaft.....
Someone had to split the engine cases to change the balance shaft, I suspect they have something installed incorrectly.

Yes, you should be able to click thru the gears manually with the wrench but you may need to rock the bike back & forth while doing so.

Reactions: TxDoc and futzin
A

Ashtrx520

Jun 23, 2024
Nottingham England
Ownership

1. 520
Someone had to split the engine cases to change the balance shaft, I suspect they have something installed incorrectly.

Yes, you should be able to click thru the gears manually with the wrench but you may need to rock the bike back & forth while doing so.
Thanks for answering that
Iff something was wrong on the engine would this cause this electrical issue?
Is it a main dealer fix?
Thanks

advertisement
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for answering that
Iff something was wrong on the engine would this cause this electrical issue?
Is it a main dealer fix?
Thanks
no

you need to try rocking the machine to get it to manually switch gears

if u can not manually switch gears with the tool, it is inside the belly of the best - something isn't right

it is throwing a code when the ECM tells the machine to shift, it pulses the shift motor, the angle sensor doesn't see a gear change - throws a code

its not an electrical issue - its a mechanical issue (gearbox locked up) until we know that the gearbox can be manually shifted

A

Ashtrx520

Jun 23, 2024
Nottingham England
Ownership

1. 520
no

you need to try rocking the machine to get it to manually switch gears

if u can not manually switch gears with the tool, it is inside the belly of the best - something isn't right

it is throwing a code when the ECM tells the machine to shift, it pulses the shift motor, the angle sensor doesn't see a gear change - throws a code

its not an electrical issue - its a mechanical issue (gearbox locked up) until we know that the gearbox can be manually shifted
Thanks for that.
I think the issue is more inside the engine to is the gearbox located in the middle of the engine?
or on side?
I have noticed that you have to remove the barrel to split the engine completely in half. Will that be the case when checking it?
Thanks again 👍🏻

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks for that.
I think the issue is more inside the engine to is the gearbox located in the middle of the engine?
or on side?
I have noticed that you have to remove the barrel to split the engine completely in half. Will that be the case when checking it?
Thanks again 👍🏻
Yes that's why we're asking if the bike can shift manually with the wrench while rocking back & forth. Do that first then report back.

FYI, here's the transmission in a P500 (same engine as your quad)

20201228 170302

A

Ashtrx520

Jun 23, 2024
Nottingham England
Ownership

1. 520
Yes that's why we're asking if the bike can shift manually with the wrench while rocking back & forth. Do that first then report back.

FYI, here's the transmission in a P500 (same engine as your quad)

View attachment 434634
I have tried rocking it hard and now and again it my shift but doesn’t feel right to me you can’t select them easy if at all
Any idea where to point me first ?
Thanks