P1000 Help with OEM Heater Install - 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

K

Ksims

Feb 19, 2023
Juneau
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly :)

Seems a little late to be updating 2022 parts documentation...
We could have really used that video. Heaters all in now! The longest part of the job was reading the damn instructions. Now trying to figure out where would be a good place for the wiper fluid reservoir besides under the seat in the only storage compartment under the seat!

C

ckirch

Mar 9, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We could have really used that video. Heaters all in now! The longest part of the job was reading the damn instructions. Now trying to figure out where would be a good place for the wiper fluid reservoir besides under the seat in the only storage compartment under the seat!
Congrats! How’s the heater perform? Did you by chance take a pic of how you routed the return hose down around the driveshaft/radiator hoses?

Hah, since I’m waiting on my replacement heater to show up I installed the wiper/reservoir kit last night. Agree it sucks to use up the storage but I think most of the space will still be usable. I’m considering cutting a section out of the storage tub to fit around the reservoir (and to ideally keep the bottom intact). Hate to do that but it’s completely useless otherwise. Could be a trashcan I suppose…
It’s amazing how easy the wiper kit was after working on the heater.

C

ckirch

Mar 9, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked into the updated instructions further and they have links/videos for almost all of the install steps now, at least anything remotely difficult. A little late for us, but very helpful for the next people attempting this.

J

Jeff Frazier

Jan 9, 2023
lexington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Starting on the install, if you guys can please post all the pics and videos you have. this should not be this hard. ( honda needs to do a much better job on the step by step instructions, it's hard to make out anything)

Reactions: Smitty335
C

ckirch

Mar 9, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jeff, here are the updated instructions that came out this month, which includes QR codes and URL links to videos that support most all of the difficult steps. This should get you rolling.

Thanks to my heater being busted out of the box, I obtained this as part of the return process...can't find it anywhere else online yet.

Attachments

• SXS1000M3_M5_M6 Heater.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 140
Reactions: wyldeman
C

ckirch

Mar 9, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 2 we've done didn't seem to have any issues with the lower bracket?

Got any pictures?

Hello,
My new heater showed up and I have everything installed and mounted in place, mainly just the wire harness remaining and a few minor steps left. However I feel like there is a cable that has a lot of stress on it due to the location of the heater and mode control assy (part with the vents attached to it). I believe it's called the shift or Clutch cable, circled below.

When things get put back together the heater sits right behind that slot/hole, and the cable is forced to go to the right side of the heater unit, and is stressed quite a bit and bent off to the side. Basically it won't fit back into this slot like it is in the pic below. Did anybody take pics of how that cable is routed, or did you notice if yours was really tight also?

Will that stress/tension do damage over time?

Before installing the heater it fits well.
Cable

After installing the heater, it's obstructed like this (top view):
Thumbnail IMG 5869

Bottom View. You can see the heater/mode control parts sit directly beneath the slot where the cable goes. Bad design or did I miss something?
Thumbnail IMG 5870

Reactions: Lady01
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Want to thank everyone for the input. I started this project earlier this week and have been STUMBLING, and being frustrated with the (2) earlier revisions of the directions. Though everything was stripped already, I was probably only 12% into the install. However, after downloading that current revision above to my iPad and reading all the input... a couple hours of work this evening was enough to wrap it all up with the exception of reassembling everything. (But in my defense, going to get audio amplifiers mounted inside the dash, knock off the dual battery I've been putting off, and run interior and rock lights. Thank you all again!

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Want to thank everyone for the input. I started this project earlier this week and have been STUMBLING, and being frustrated with the (2) earlier revisions of the directions. Though everything was stripped already, I was probably only 12% into the install. However, after downloading that current revision above to my iPad and reading all the input... a couple hours of work this evening was enough to wrap it all up with the exception of reassembling everything. (But in my defense, going to get audio amplifiers mounted inside the dash, knock off the dual battery I've been putting off, and run interior and rock lights. Thank you all again!
Congratulations on the buggy and you first post. Would love to see what it looks like when you are finished putting it back together again

Reactions: ckirch and wyldeman
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations on the buggy and you first post. Would love to see what it looks like when you are finished putting it back together again
Nice! It seems you have the Trail model I yearned to have, but they were scarce last year and it really came down to not wanting i4WD. I will share pictures, but going to be a temporary color change, probably a grey front end. Did end up getting the 2022 HP 1000-5 EPS base model and planned to upgrade at least the equivalent options and buy all the 2022 Trail plastics :)

However... HAVE YOU SEEN the new 2023 Matte Navy Blue Trail Edition??? Still have only seen the orange in videos and pictures online. But WOW, is it sharp! Long story short, I may wait to obtain that exterior. Have a great week.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! It seems you have the Trail model I yearned to have, but they were scarce last year and it really came down to not wanting i4WD. I will share pictures, but going to be a temporary color change, probably a grey front end. Did end up getting the 2022 HP 1000-5 EPS base model and planned to upgrade at least the equivalent options and buy all the 2022 Trail plastics :)

However... HAVE YOU SEEN the new 2023 Matte Navy Blue Trail Edition??? Still have only seen the orange in videos and pictures online. But WOW, is it sharp! Long story short, I may wait to obtain that exterior. Have a great week.
I waited a long time for my machine to arrive. My first mod was a colour change, I replaced the rear quarter red panels with black. I have not seen the blue Trail, but that sounds like it would look great. You know "Bold New Colours"!!

Reactions: Remington
C

ckirch

Mar 9, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wyldeman, congrats on completing the install, I'm happy to hear this thread helped! I'm not sure why Honda doesn't publish the updated Heater instructions I attached above, they sure do help compared to the previous. Your message was a good reminder for me to post some pics of the completed job also.

Regarding colors, here's some pics of the new 2023 colors I found online, the new brown/tan isn't bad either. I'll pass on the green...

Looking forward to your pics, I'll post mine in the next message.

2023Colors

Reactions: NorthernJoe
C

ckirch

Mar 9, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's the completed job. In addition to the heater, these accessories/mods were also installed while it was apart:

Honda Wiper w/reservoir
Honda Fuse box w/bracket and wiring kit
Honda rearview mirror
Honda Upgraded front bumper
Honda Winch and bracket
Dual battery kit w/Odyssey second battery
Dual battery voltmeter
HondaSxS switch adapter
Dome light (tied to factory switch 1)
Front LED bar w/relay (new switch w/adapter from HondaSxS)
Side LEDs w/relay (tied to factory switch 2)

The heater works well and puts a lot of hot air out when moving. It's a little noisy but not too bad.

Thumbnail IMG 5951

Thumbnail IMG 5950

Thumbnail IMG 5946

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's the completed job. In addition to the heater, these accessories/mods were also installed while it was apart:

Honda Wiper w/reservoir
Honda Fuse box w/bracket and wiring kit
Honda rearview mirror
Honda Upgraded front bumper
Honda Winch and bracket
Dual battery kit w/Odyssey second battery
Dual battery voltmeter
HondaSxS switch adapter
Dome light (tied to factory switch 1)
Front LED bar w/relay (new switch w/adapter from HondaSxS)
Side LEDs w/relay (tied to factory switch 2)

The heater works well and puts a lot of hot air out when moving. It's a little noisy but not too bad.

View attachment 381679

View attachment 381680

View attachment 381681
looks great! for fun, have you checked your front alignment? mine was 3/4" in on both sides. Front tires wore very quickly

C

ckirch

Mar 9, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Joe, thanks for the reminder! I should be taking it in for the 1st service here pretty soon so I'll have them check, but I'll give it a look later on to see if it visually checks out okay, thanks again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!