Help with purchase

4mlawn

Aug 4, 2015
Iam looking to buy a 700-4. I will be using it for receration mostly. My wife , myself and my two kids( 3 and 7 years old) will be riding in it.
Iam alittle concerned about power with it only being a single cylinder.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then unless you really want near dbl the power in the 1000 or plan on having a 3rd kid. I think the 700 is fine.

If it's REALLY steep and your loaded heavy some people have expressed a desire for more power. I never had that issue.

Power Steering, Winch, lift and tires should be on top of your list though.

Shocks if you ride fast, Honda skimped on the shocks a bit.

4mlawn

Aug 4, 2015
Then unless you really want near dbl the power in the 1000 or plan on having a 3rd kid. I think the 700 is fine.

If it's REALLY steep and your loaded heavy some people have expressed a desire for more power. I never had that issue.

Power Steering, Winch, lift and tires should be on top of your list though.

Shocks if you ride fast, Honda skimped on the shocks a bit.

Thanks!!!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No prob welcome to the forum. I'm sure other people will share their experiences.

Psylas

Psylas

Apr 30, 2015
Anchorage, Alaska
Iam looking to buy a 700-4. I will be using it for receration mostly. My wife , myself and my two kids( 3 and 7 years old) will be riding in it.
Iam alittle concerned about power with it only being a single cylinder.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I bought mine for the same purpose and had the same concern regarding power. Pioneer has no problem hauling my wife, myself, 7 and 14 yr old around the trails. I came from a Canam Commander. No regrets here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!