P700 help with shocks

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I recently did the 2" spacer lift on my 700-4 2016, it went well but the ride is stiffer than expected. I just found some can am commander stock shocks on the cheap. Many report this gives about a 2.5 lift. Has any body with this mod had axle binding issues or even with a 2.5" lift? Were going on the Ramey Pa poker run all weekend(tons of fun!) and want to avoid a breakdown.

any thoughts on limiter straps with the can am shocks, is this needed?

Thanks for any suggestions, advice.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the Commander shocks. They have been on the machine for about 3 years. They gave me about 2.5" lift. I haven't had any issues.

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the Commander shocks. They have been on the machine for about 3 years. They gave me about 2.5" lift. I haven't had any issues.
Thanks!, do you have stock axles?

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I installed the front Can am commander xt shocks and 2" wheel spacers.... it made a world of difference. much more articulation! unfortunately I discovered the xt rear shocks I bought are slowly leaking oil. I am pretty sure they are non rebuildable...

Pioneer shocks

Reactions: Mudwing
Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
I recently did the 2" spacer lift on my 700-4 2016, it went well but the ride is stiffer than expected. I just found some can am commander stock shocks on the cheap. Many report this gives about a 2.5 lift. Has any body with this mod had axle binding issues or even with a 2.5" lift? Were going on the Ramey Pa poker run all weekend(tons of fun!) and want to avoid a breakdown.

any thoughts on limiter straps with the can am shocks, is this needed?

Thanks for any suggestions, advice.

I would think it makes for a rougher ride. However every post except this one they calm a better ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!