Hess Motorsports reverse harness

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Anyone install the reverse activated harness to be able to run a backup light or camera? I see the one from Hess Motorsports and DZ Motorsports look identical, probably made by the same company. With shipping, Hess is about $15 more. I never heard of DZ Motorsports so probably will just go with Hess but looking for feedback from those who installed this. Bonus points if anyone has a discount code for Hess Motorsports. Thanks

Reactions: TxDoc
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe @Hondasxs created one of these as well. But if I recall, it was taken off market due to issues. I want to say the trans didn't like the extra load on the wire.

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I believe @Hondasxs created one of these as well. But if I recall, it was taken off market due to issues. I want to say the trans didn't like the extra load on the wire.

That's what I was afraid of. He's said he's working on a redesign so that's probably the reason. I did more research and came up with the two that I put links to in the first post but there are no reviews. I ordered this light from Rough Country and thought it would be nice to have it automatically come on in reverse.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone install the reverse activated harness to be able to run a backup light or camera? I see the one from Hess Motorsports and DZ Motorsports look identical, probably made by the same company. With shipping, Hess is about $15 more. I never heard of DZ Motorsports so probably will just go with Hess but looking for feedback from those who installed this. Bonus points if anyone has a discount code for Hess Motorsports. Thanks

The Hondasxs store has the original design right here:

I ran these for 3 years no issues on a 2018 P1K5LE

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The Hondasxs store has the original design right here:

I ran these for 3 years no issues on a 2018 P1K5LE

That's different.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JACKAL
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Hess and DZ are the exact same. Only difference is the logo on the package.

We were the first to design this 2019. We somewhat discontinued it publicly due to issues, soon after those other kits hit the market with oddly simular design and pricing.

Issues are relate to the transmission not being very fond of certain lights. We found some lights are self grounding and may cause commotion with the shift logic.

These issues can be resolved with a relay. That would eliminate it but adds to the complications of wiring it up.

Our new kit will eliminate this issue with the shift logic.

We also have a kit with a "on" switch we want to being to the market.

We are waiting on supplies currently. But I have enough to make one up of you want.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Most backup cameras are positive triggered. Those won't work without converting this with a relay.
Once a relay is introduced. You can eliminate the issues I spoke about all together.

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

We were the first to design this 2019. We somewhat discontinued it publicly due to issues, soon after those other kits hit the market with oddly simular design and pricing.

Issues are relate to the transmission not being very fond of certain lights. We found some lights are self grounding and may cause commotion with the shift logic.

These issues can be resolved with a relay. That would eliminate it but adds to the complications of wiring it up.

We are waiting on supplies currently. But I have enough to make one up of you want.

I will take one when you have an updated kit ready. Let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: Remington and 906UP
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

And as soon as you get it figured out and up for sale Hess will be right along to steal your idea and sell it as their own.

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!