Pioneer winch mount kit installation; help with sub harness connection to accessory socket

M

MendonFam

Nov 27, 2022
Mendon, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am installing the Pioneer 1000 Winch Mount kit. In their instructions, it says to "Route and connect the winch sub harness to the accessory socket as shown."

Is the accessory socket the back side of the accessory power socket, or what I like to think of as the cigarette lighter? Or is there another accessory socket that I am not seeing?

If the accessory socket for the cigarette lighter is the correct socket, there is already a connection there. If I unplug that current connection to add the new wire, I would imagine that disconnects the accessory power socket. Is that supposed to reconnect somewhere? It doesn't seem right that I am disconnecting that accessory power socket from future use.

I appreciate the help.

Screenshot 20221127 102415 Samsung Notes 20221127 100852

Reactions: Smitty335
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If you have the OEM Honda harness... Then it re-connects back. Like a in-between T-Harness.
Similar to how we make our key-on power harnesses.

M

MendonFam

Nov 27, 2022
Mendon, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have the OEM Honda harness... Then it re-connects back. Like a in-between T-Harness.
Similar to how we make our key-on power harnesses.
You saved the day! I logged WAY too many hours attaching the winch, but most of it was stuck at this step. Your guidance is appreciated - thank you!

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!