2023 Honda Talon 1000x - Winch mount with stock bumper - Not Talon 1000xs

P

paul543

Oct 27, 2023
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a 2023 Honda Talonx and I am looking for a winch mount that will work with the stock bumper and the new molding of the body around the bumper compared to the 2022 model.
I have added a couple pictures of the Front of my Talon so you can see how the body is molded around the upper bumper square support tubes.
Could someone please tell me which winch plate will work with the 2023 Talon 1000x ?

1 2

Reactions: TxDoc and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2023 Honda Talonx and I am looking for a winch mount that will work with the stock bumper and the new molding of the body around the bumper compared to the 2022 model.
I have added a couple pictures of the Front of my Talon so you can see how the body is molded around the upper bumper square support tubes.
Could someone please tell me which winch plate will work with the 2023 Talon 1000x ?

View attachment 407914 View attachment 407915
Oooo boy! That thing is way too clean!
My guess to your question would be the genuine Honda one unless the boss has one for ya?

Welcome from Michigan BTW
Post some full pics of the ride and list of mods and about yourself in an intro thread when u get a split sec. POIDH.

Reactions: TxDoc
P

paul543

Oct 27, 2023
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
My guess to your question would be the genuine Honda one unless the boss has one for ya?

Post some full pics of the ride and list of mods and about yourself in an intro thread when u get a split sec. POIDH.

Yes, it hasn't hit the trails yet, sad to say. I picked it up last Saturday, when I got home, the rain and cold temperatures made it pretty miserable at about 40 when I took it for a quick ride. Sunday we had family over.
I hope to try it out some this weekend, then I am getting a windshield and wipers put on it Tuesday.
I will create a intro thread and post some pics of it, so far the only mod is I enclosed the back cargo area.

The genuine Honda one requires a different bumper. My boss (the wife) says I am over my limit for a while ... hahaha.

Thank you, and nice to meet you.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The genuine Honda one requires a different bumper. My boss (the wife) says I am over my limit for a while ... hahaha.
Haha she dosnt understand, with these things there is no limit!

If your looking for some like new soft doors for your rig to help with that cold, shoot me a PM. I have a set I can give u a steal on.

• Haha
Reactions: TxDoc and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, it hasn't hit the trails yet, sad to say. I picked it up last Saturday, when I got home, the rain and cold temperatures made it pretty miserable at about 40 when I took it for a quick ride. Sunday we had family over.
I hope to try it out some this weekend, then I am getting a windshield and wipers put on it Tuesday.
I will create a intro thread and post some pics of it, so far the only mod is I enclosed the back cargo area.

When I was buying my Talon, I wanted the dealership to install the winch so I didn't have to. They told me that I'd have to buy Honda's accessory bumper if I wanted a winch, so I ok'd that expense. Sometime later, I saw Talons with the stock front bumper with winches. I have no idea what fits with what bumper. :oops:

This is the Honda bumper I was sold to fit the Honda Warn winch -
I QLKZF5Q M

Reactions: TxDoc and paul543
P

paul543

Oct 27, 2023
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Is this the same?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

That mount looks like it will work and the front end looks the same. I purchased a winch mount from UTV direct. I was not paying attention it said it would work with a 2023 Talon 1000xs , I didn't pay attention t the "s" after the X . I called them , very nice people, sent them pictures and they said the front must have changed between 2022 and 2023; however, this video shows the 2022 with the same looking mold as my 23.

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: TxDoc and CID
H

HondaTech

Honda says that for whatever reason, but we've installed multiple winches on the oem bumper, OEM and aftermarket.

Reactions: CID
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Confirm this one fits.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Confirm this one fits.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That's the one you sent me when I ordered the Viper V2 6000 widespool for my 2023 1000R FLV a couple months back, @Hondasxs.

I can confirm that, while it works with the factory setup, the only issue (at least for the R) is the two push pins that hold the very bottom of the black plastic cover on won't go back into place. The holes just dont line up.

But this may be due to the overall width of the winch I purchased. Or perhaps the R is a little different than the X.

kjbula1980

kjbula1980

Aug 19, 2023
Ashtabula, Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Bosman Designs just confirmed his '22-'23 bumpers fit the latest Talons, '23 RS/XS and '23 R/X.

Reactions: CID
M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
I also had this issue i bought the warn branded mount for my warn 4500 for my 23 1000x-4lv it did not fit as you said push tabs in the way and no holes in the bumper so i purchased the factory honda mount also to find out it didnt work with bumper so warn mount 85.00 got a little mod i drilled holes to bolt support braces to bumper and notched bottom plate for the push dart brackets works fine. I would take pics for you but its in the shop for warranty right now we were on a 4 day trip to arizona and blew a live valve shock apart wires and all.

• Wow
Reactions: Scoop and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!