Best 5-point harness for comfort and safety.

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Looking for a easy to use, comfortable, quality 5-point harness for my 2021 X4 LW.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I use a 4 point with seatbelt style latches. The Boss really likes them over the standard latches.
@Tramguage1 uses 5 points. I cant remember the brand tho.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looking for a easy to use, comfortable, quality 5-point harness for my 2021 X4 LW.
I think they are only 4 point, but I've seen a few people use the can-am retractable harnesses. Way more comfortable then the standard "strapped in" feel. (nomo)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think they are only 4 point, but I've seen a few people use the can-am retractable harnesses. Way more comfortable then the standard "strapped in" feel. (nomo)
The Caned Ham harness are cool. A buddy has a CH. the only issue is when mud gets in them. They dont retract for $hit. Turned me off to them

Reactions: JenElio
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I went with the 4 pt..50 caliber 3" harnesses

car type latches were a no go as mud is impossible to keep out of the latch mechanism even with full windshield

at first I was kicking myself not going with the 2" as the 3" seemed bulky, but very comfortable, mud doesn't affect latching, and they clean up very well with the garden hose.

I personally want to be strapped down tight, nets always up. seen to many bad injuries with no belts, loose belts, arms crushed.

wifey has never complained about them....

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have used Pro Armor 3" wide since 2014 when I bought my Maverick. ?Now have them on driver side of Talon. My Ex like the 5 point, our son does not, hence why only driver side of Talon. I am looking at getting a smaller 5 point to try for him as the 3" is to wide for all the bigger he is. So for now he uses stock seat belt, but he would rather ride his quad than with Dad in the Talon so he does not go with me on rough rides for now.

T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just bought the 5 pt Simpson D3 Offroad Harnesses in 2" because of their 3 part tie in system and their history and reviews. I have a couple friends who have them and they are both sold on them after some use.
I bought them with the silver hardware rather than black so they were easy to spot to hook up. As soon as the new Talon arrives I will install them in the front seats. I bought the 2" for comfort.
The Simpson folks were easy to get information and order from. If you are a veteran they have a discount available, also. Since they make them to order in this one, it arrived on my doorstep in 13 days.
Sorry I don't have more first hand experience, but will update all my mods down the road a few months.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I also vote for the Simpson D3. Been quite happy with ours. I show how to add a bar for the 5th pickup point on the passenger side in the video.

This is what I have in all 3 of my machines. The way they buckle is easier to me and the comfort is top notch. I found a bar under the seat to attach the 5th to on both sides. These also work really well in 4 point which how I run them most of the time. If I am really going hard then I buckle the 5th point. I have some DragonFire harnesses that I did not like at all and will sell to anyone that wants them....

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Another fan of the Simpson D3. I like them because the left pair and right pair are connected so you're only dealing with 3 'ends' - left, right and crotch. I got exposed to another 5 point harness and all 5 ends were separate and had to be connected every time you got in. Three connection points are waaaay easier to deal with than five (duh).

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
I have the can ams retractable ones rigged up in mine. Best thing ever. I keep mine clean and they haven't had any issues. Flipped it two different times and they held both me and the passenger strapped tightly to the seat. I also wired the driver side seat belt to the safety switch so the belts have to be clipped to go fast. It's annoying sometimes, but it keeps my stupidity safe.

Kawboy17

Kawboy17

Sep 7, 2021
North East Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just bought 2 of each from .50 cal… several different colors, couple widths. Easy install easy to use an if ya race it they will comply with the promoters safety standards.

AD8BC0FF 981E 4D47 AECE 7A062AE43073 1523DBB3 644C 41E9 AC61 A4172BA5E400

Reactions: JenElio
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Would you share pictures of your can am belt installed?
I was thinking about retractable harness and would like to see what you done.

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
I did the Polaris retractable belts that are 6 point. They prevent you from sliding out forward during a crash

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yeah not familiar with the retractable harnesses. Do they mount the same?

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
First I'll put the pictures of them mounted on the stock cage. I had to weld a piece of angle iron on top of the belt retractor to make it fit. If you do this, Make sure you soak the whole thing in water and do short welds, or you'll melt the belt. I also had to heat up the plastic behind the seat and bend it back to make room for the inner belt. There's a picture of all the seats out that you can see where the plastic has been melted and reshaped. Doesn't look very good but you can't see it behind the seat.
Canam Seat Belts Stock Cage
Canam Seat Belts Stock Cage2Canam Seat Belts Stock Cage3Canam Seat Belts Stock Cage4Canam Seat Belts Stock Cage520191230 171638

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
Here is pictures with them installed on a new cage I had built. With the bar going across the back, setup was way easier. You don't have to do any welding or fabricating to the stock can am belts. Just had to bolt that flat stock on and drill two holes in it and used the stock stud and nut on the belt retractor.Canam Seat Belts New CageCanam Seat Belts New Cage1 Canam Seat Belts New Cage2 Canam Seat Belts New Cage3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!