BOX1

P1000 Hess Motorsports Tune, Trial Runs

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I just got my tunes in my email today, threw it in and did a few datalogs with it. Feels like it's been forever since I have drove the thing. It's different for sure. I will be dropping some videos on my channel here real soon. Also got the shifting in reverse, I do most of my work in forward but might have to try that out. :cool:

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interested in your guys’ findings. I run the Hess tune, and feels better than stock from a clutch perspective, not power, but then again I added 30’s and other things at the same time, so I lost the “control” aspect of the experiment. Ran Ride Royal Blue with the Hess, and was extremely impressed with the Pioneer, but not giving all the credit to the tune. PM me your channels please if you’re not allowed to post them here. Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01
Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interested in your guys’ findings. I run the Hess tune, and feels better than stock from a clutch perspective, not power, but then again I added 30’s and other things at the same time, so I lost the “control” aspect of the experiment. Ran Ride Royal Blue with the Hess, and was extremely impressed with the Pioneer, but not giving all the credit to the tune. PM me your channels please if you’re not allowed to post them here. Thanks!
Video will post starting sunday which will show the process of getting the tune and doing datalogs so they can "tweak" the tune to your machine. Hess is .5 second faster in 0-40mph than stock and COPS is a little better yet. As well as a few other tweaks that are nice. It shifts like a cadillac, next thing you know your running 65 and wondering how you got there.

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well guys finally got all the results in. For some reason the stock tune picked up speed? I think its because its not 80* outside. The Hess & COPS tunes were running nice and consistent numbers though compared to warmer temperatures. Subscribe and enjoy.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know what temp is set for fan to turn on with Hess tune vs COPS? Do I really need to change thermostat for either tune of temps drops anyway?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!