BOX1

Hey folks! Newbie from N/E Tennessee and fresh Pioneer 1000-5 owner.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hew folks, ACfixer (Lance) here, just bought a 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe in Honda red. I'm a California ex-pat now living in Jonesborough, Tennessee and I am ready to do some hunting a trail exploring in my new toy.

I mulled over side by sides for close to three years and finally decided on the Pioneer, hope made a good choice. Red wasn't my first choice but it's hard to be picky right now and I wanted to make the purchase. It was between red and white and eh.... Hondas are red right? It was a tough choice over the Polaris Ranger, in the end it was the ability to carry 4+ with a dump bed and a real transmission vs. the CVT. Again, I hope I made a good choice here.

Okay, enough of that... Other than the obvious stuff. I am a 58 year old Harley rider, a guitar hack, and a private pilot so that pretty much cover the stuff I like to do. Add to it a healthy love for the outdoors including fishing and hunting. I love my firearms collection, especially vintage stuff from the 40's-60's (my dad's era) and I love the vintage camping and fishing. AC in ACfixer stand for air conditioning, not aircraft although I do enjoy wrenching on the plane with a certified A/P watching over me.

That about covers it, let's talk about what I NEED for this thing!

1. Winch
2. Street legal stuff (signals, horn, mirrors)
3. You tell me!

Great to be here,
Lance

PS: I just want to make sure this is THE forum to be involved with. I am not a cheapskate and if it is I will become a contributor in a matter of days. Thanks!
View attachment 250398
Welcome to the club also from Tennessee! Winch, skid plate , wheel spacers the list goes on and on it really depends on how hard you ride

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from just south of you. Bought my 1000-5 in Greenville.

Almost bought a General a few months back from Hayden over at Mountain Motorsports, but I wanted a 4 seater. I ended up buying this from Keith at Jim's Motorcycle in JC.

Been looking at some hunt land in your county, did my CCW class down at the fairgrounds in Oct.

Travispiz

Travispiz

Dec 15, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hew folks, ACfixer (Lance) here, just bought a 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe in Honda red. I'm a California ex-pat now living in Jonesborough, Tennessee and I am ready to do some hunting a trail exploring in my new toy.

I mulled over side by sides for close to three years and finally decided on the Pioneer, hope made a good choice. Red wasn't my first choice but it's hard to be picky right now and I wanted to make the purchase. It was between red and white and eh.... Hondas are red right? It was a tough choice over the Polaris Ranger, in the end it was the ability to carry 4+ with a dump bed and a real transmission vs. the CVT. Again, I hope I made a good choice here.

Okay, enough of that... Other than the obvious stuff. I am a 58 year old Harley rider, a guitar hack, and a private pilot so that pretty much cover the stuff I like to do. Add to it a healthy love for the outdoors including fishing and hunting. I love my firearms collection, especially vintage stuff from the 40's-60's (my dad's era) and I love the vintage camping and fishing. AC in ACfixer stand for air conditioning, not aircraft although I do enjoy wrenching on the plane with a certified A/P watching over me.

That about covers it, let's talk about what I NEED for this thing!

1. Winch
2. Street legal stuff (signals, horn, mirrors)
3. You tell me!

Great to be here,
Lance

PS: I just want to make sure this is THE forum to be involved with. I am not a cheapskate and if it is I will become a contributor in a matter of days. Thanks!
View attachment 250398
Very Nice 👌 And Welcome my friend!!!

Reactions: Mudwing
DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
,welcome my friend from Arizona/Wisconsin. You did fine the right group. I'm also a newbie here and find way too much stuff to do with my machine.

Reactions: Mudwing
D

drwhetzel

Nov 29, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely install a second battery. I learned that the hard way. A winch is a must in the hills, saved me from rolling over more than once. These are quite top heavy and I installed a custom roof rack too. You’ll notice quickly that they are an extremely dusty ride as well, recommend something on the rear to minimize dust recirculating into your face the whole ride. Also, heads up, on the standard shock version you’ll need to plan on replacing shocks in about 2 years, if you truly ride it regularly and use it to haul. Good luck and enjoy

D

drwhetzel

Nov 29, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely install a second battery. I learned that the hard way. A winch is a must in the hills, saved me from rolling over more than once. These are quite top heavy and I installed a custom roof rack too. You’ll notice quickly that they are an extremely dusty ride as well, recommend something on the rear to minimize dust recirculating into your face the whole ride. Also, heads up, on the standard shock version you’ll need to plan on replacing shocks in about 2 years, if you truly ride it regularly and use it to haul. Good luck and enjoy
Oh and real cup holders. Ones that actually fit a yeti

Reactions: Pilgrim
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
welcome from NW Georgia

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I need the side mirrors for street legal? I'll look into it. But yeah I can see those pups getting winged on every trail around here. Folding maybe?
I just use the cheap Kolpin mirrors..... yep ... I have to buy a new set every now and then.... but they flip in real easy when you slap a tree and normally don’t break....
Welcome to HondaSxS

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!