Hi from Bamaga, australia

kye

kye

Aug 17, 2016
Bamaga
Ownership

1. 500
As for your tires, just think how they could benefit her!

"They ride much smoother dear, less likely to get a flat and leave us stranded too! "

The safety angle is good too!

Welcome to the club
Hey thanks mate, I've got her conned I just have to work a couple more weeks and I've got the green light.
We plan on going on a beach ride tomorrow hope to get a few photos for you all. If I'm real lucky maybe see a croc or two.

Reactions: Tflynn
jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
Ok Kye, we are excited to send our first shipment to Australia. Check out what we did for you!

IMG 6050
IMG 6051
IMG 6052

J

JTW

Hello all,
I've just purchased a second hand pioneer 500 with 40hrs on the clock.
Found this page while looking for the maximum size tires I could fit without modification, now I am having an overload of useful information on this forum.
Thanks. (I think haha)
Welcome.. I played rugby with some Australia guys in college. Have some good friends in New Zealand. I haven't been out that way yet but it's high on my list!! I look forward to your pics!

Reactions: kye
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Dude, just looked up Bamaga, you are way up the Cape.
I lived in the Alice back in the late 70's, I was just a kid, I was 15 when we moved back to the states.
Made it to Cairns as we where moving back to the states, Dad and I drove Mums Holden around a bit and flew out of Darwin.
I conned my Dad in to taking me to ride the Gulflander (train between Normanton and Corydon if anyone is trying to look it up).
I'm a big railway enthusiast, Gulflander was the ride of my life - like a page out of the 1940's.
My impression has always been the further up the Cape you went the deeper / longer the bogs would be.
I'd love to see how your using your P500.
Maybe set my view of the Cape straight!

Welcome and thanks, enjoyed thinking about Oz and looking at the map for a spell

(well, I tried to throw in some slang but haven't figured out how to spell color colour)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow, that is awesome. Can't wait for them to arrive.
Again, thank you SO much.

Very very cool!! Thank you so much creativeutvgraphics you have done so much for this site and the Honda nation!

Sent from iPhone

advertisement
kye

kye

Aug 17, 2016
Bamaga
Ownership

1. 500
Dude, just looked up Bamaga, you are way up the Cape.
I lived in the Alice back in the late 70's, I was just a kid, I was 15 when we moved back to the states.
Made it to Cairns as we where moving back to the states, Dad and I drove Mums Holden around a bit and flew out of Darwin.
I conned my Dad in to taking me to ride the Gulflander (train between Normanton and Corydon if anyone is trying to look it up).
I'm a big railway enthusiast, Gulflander was the ride of my life - like a page out of the 1940's.
My impression has always been the further up the Cape you went the deeper / longer the bogs would be.
I'd love to see how your using your P500.
Maybe set my view of the Cape straight!

Welcome and thanks, enjoyed thinking about Oz and looking at the map for a spell

(well, I tried to throw in some slang but haven't figured out how to spell color colour)
Hi mate,
Your post just reminded me that it is one of my dads dreams to go on the gulflander, and as my mum has no interest I've always wanted to take him, may be the right time.
My wife and I have been working up here in bamaga for 10 years to save money to buy a house in cairns, we travel down there when we can but its a fair hike, just on 1000ks - 700ks of that is dirt road and has some of the nastiest corrugations you will ever see.
As we have a 1 year old daughter now we don't get away as often.
We were planning to take the p500 out on the weekend to hopefully get some good shots for you all, but I got caught up working, I am in the process of pushing up a boundary for our local pistol range. Maybe next weekend.
Very dry up here at the moment as we are in our dry season but once the wet hits yes there are some pretty epic bogs once the water levels go down enough to get bogged and not get eaten by a croc.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Kye hello and welcome from Mississippi if you ever come to the USA and u happen to get lost and end up in ower neck of the woods u are most welcome to stay with us and would love to show you where we ride here in the deep south. I'm not sure how to spell it but. Fer dincom;):D

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where is there to ride down there close to you @Dp5hunter ? I'm from hernando.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Where is there to ride down there close to you @Dp5hunter ? I'm from hernando.
Tjmichael here in Hazlehurst we mostly ride in copiah creek or Bypier creek it's mostly water crossings how about you guys where do yall ride.

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enid lake and sardis lake bottoms. Close to the house. Both of those are rougly an hour from my house.

kye

kye

Aug 17, 2016
Bamaga
Ownership

1. 500
Kye hello and welcome from Mississippi if you ever come to the USA and u happen to get lost and end up in ower neck of the woods u are most welcome to stay with us and would love to show you where we ride here in the deep south. I'm not sure how to spell it but. Fer dincom;):D
Ha ha thanks a lot mate, I would love to visit your way one day, fair dinkum.

kye

kye

Aug 17, 2016
Bamaga
Ownership

1. 500
I did some work today on a Polaris ranger 500 today and took it for a squirt, not real impressed.
Rode rough and didn't seem as sporty as the pioneer. I haven't been on any other sxs before so I like mine even more now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!