P1000 Hi Lifter vs EBay snorkel

D

danmcph

Sep 10, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
which of these two kits is better? Is there a different kit I should get? I don’t want to fab my own.

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
which of these two kits is better? Is there a different kit I should get? I don’t want to fab my own.
Can you post pics of each one or links? I think I know what your taking about but there are quite a few out there. I know about the high lifter one. Personaly I don’t care for taking room up in my cab for a snorkel. If you serch our site here for stealth snorkel, you’ll find a lot of different ideas that are much cheaper and don’t use up room in your cab. I have one that’s through my hood. Looks cool and works well.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
D

danmcph

Sep 10, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not sure what Ebay kit people are using. I just see them talking about it in this forum. I guess I could ask my question another way.

What pre-made snorkel kit is the best?

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am not sure what Ebay kit people are using. I just see them talking about it in this forum. I guess I could ask my question another way.

What pre-made snorkel kit is the best?
I updated my first post with some suggestions for you. ;)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you mean this eBay snorkel? Mine is well over 2 years old and still happy with it. That tip doesn't come with it. It has prefilter inside it.
IMG 20180605 133320716 1336x752

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you mean this eBay snorkel? Mine is well over 2 years old and still happy with it. That tip doesn't come with it. It has prefilter inside it.
View attachment 86865
I just put that on last night and have zero use yet. Question, did you put any kind of friction protection down in the plastic areas you had to cut near the bend over to stock intake? I put a plastic bottle cut up there for temporary protection but seems to me this could get a cut in it pretty easy.

I like your pre filter, where did you get that? I just cut up my stock pre filter and stuffed it in and I'm worried it's restricted it a little.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just put that on last night and have zero use yet. Question, did you put any kind of friction protection down in the plastic areas you had to cut near the bend over to stock intake? I put a plastic bottle cut up there for temporary protection but seems to me this could get a cut in it pretty easy.

I like your pre filter, where did you get that? I just cut up my stock pre filter and stuffed it in and I'm worried it's restricted it a little.
I didn't use any type of protection on mine. There's evidence of slight rubbing in flex hose from bed tilting but nothing I'm worried about. I'll look for a link for that tip. It has something similar to frog skin for filtering. Couple times I've had to blow it out from being covered in dust. But that's what it's supposed to do lol. You can tell it's clogged by power loss.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I didn't use any type of protection on mine. There's evidence of slight rubbing in flex hose from bed tilting but nothing I'm worried about. I'll look for a link for that tip. It has something similar to frog skin for filtering. Couple times I've had to blow it out from being covered in dust. But that's what it's supposed to do lol. You can tell it's clogged by power loss.
Not yet, I'm testing it out tomorrow. I noticed you have different style roll cage than mine, My 2016 was only a 3 seater and the 2018 5 seater had the same roll cage, did you add bracing? My breather would definitely not fit in the area you show without crushing the flex pipe.

Reactions: BWAF and Delton
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not yet, I'm testing it out tomorrow. I noticed you have different style roll cage than mine, My 2016 was only a 3 seater and the 2018 5 seater had the same roll cage, did you add bracing? My breather would definitely not fit in the area you show without crushing the flex pipe.
Its a custom cage I built myself. Every winter I build myself a new one based on things I like/dislike from previous year lol. Like those extra long grabhandles. Im old so using 2 hands to get in is a bonus lol.
IMG 20180915 105522023 HDR 1336x752

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my old prefilter that worked really well. It's an aftermarket air filter for trx300.
IMG 20180915 105922388 1336x752

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Its a custom cage I built myself. Every winter I build myself a new one based on things I like/dislike from previous year lol. Like those extra long grabhandles. Im old so using 2 hands to get in is a bonus lol.
View attachment 86959
Next year at the Take Over, I want to look at your cage, so look me up. NICE cage!

Reactions: BWAF and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next year at the Take Over, I want to look at your cage, so look me up. NICE cage!
Absolutely man I'll holler at you. Or hunt me down. Guaranteed my new cage will still have rebel flag roof (it's kinda my trademark) lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Absolutely man I'll holler at you. Or hunt me down. Guaranteed my new cage will still have rebel flag roof (it's kinda my trademark) lol
Of course! I was so rung out from the drive, I walked right by Richard and didn't say a thing to him, driving in traffic really freaks me out now , was in a head on a couple years ago, getting better and was only there for two days and headed back. Next year I will be arriving Sunday night and leaving the following Sunday morning. Should be a lot more time to harass members and get my poop in order, I'm staying in one of the Hoot Owl cabins. Swing by and have some coffee in the morning. That goes for everybody!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!