Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks pretty slick. Thanks for sharing.

@Neohio and @Kilo427 were working on/with something like this. I think someone made a tablet option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an android tablet running my peripheral lighting on my machine right now.
It is controlled over bluetooth. I have had no problems with it yet. But I have only been playing with it in my garage. Hopefully I can give it a full workout when I ride in Mulberry next month.
I have every light on it's own switch right now. I am trying to limit each light to 10a or under.
Attached is the basic app we wrote. Once I learn more about app programming, I hope to release it.
IMG 20181125 1631576

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have an android tablet running my peripheral lighting on my machine right now.
It is controlled over bluetooth. I have had no problems with it yet. But I have only been playing with it in my garage. Hopefully I can give it a full workout when I ride in Mulberry next month.
I have every light on it's own switch right now. I am trying to limit each light to 10a or under.
Attached is the basic app we wrote. Once I learn more about app programming, I hope to release it.
View attachment 98051
With this type of set up could you write a flashing sequence/ or just set a pattern for your lights?

Reactions: sharp and Neohio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With this type of set up could you write a flashing sequence/ or just set a pattern for your lights?

I could probably use the chip from my whips and have it do patterns.

Reactions: sharp
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This machine was just supposed to be a "work/play" toy, not a money pit!

I am a gear junkie, so when I see all this type stuff, it is like crack cocaine!

The SPOD being able to do 30 amps per channel might be a little overkill.

Next thing you know, we will be able to get out in the "scary" sections and drive it through with our phones!

A drone tracking system that follows you on the trail taking video...

What's next?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I am a gear junkie, so when I see all this type stuff, it is like crack cocaine!

Next thing you know, we will be able to get out in the "scary" sections and drive it through with our phones!

What's next?
I could run a bosch type 30/40a relay on mine. The largest drawing light bar in my system is 7.5a according to the manufacturer. So i spec'd out 10a relays to help limit the size of the enclosure.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Educate me as this is interesting. How does it connect to the accessories/ Relay/ fuse box? or does this only work with bluetooth devices?
My setup is like a BCM/ECM in your daily driver. Everything is wired directly to it. Instead of using physical buttons/knobs etc like your daily driver. I am using a tablet that talks to the BCM over bluetooth.

I still have a fuse panel under my hood hooked up to my original accessories. I plan to remove it completely once I have the BCM proven.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a Chinese made one for under $200. I have used their LED lights on my motorcycles with no issue.

Universal On-Off Control 8 Switch Panel Electronic Relay System
That functions and programs VERY similar to the switch pro...

I personally would be wary of long term quality, I’ve bought several “high” quality knockoffs and ended up spending more to get the original later on...I’ve gotten burned one too many times but that’s just me. I don’t have the switch pro nor are they a vendor. Just my opinion.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Withthe proliferation of Chinese knockoffs, another item that is getting hard to find, is good quality crimps.
The ring terminal crimps and connectors at the auto parts store, Lowe's and HD are junk.

Even some electrical parts houses have poor quality connectors.

Panduit and Thomas & Betts still make some good quality crimps. Just hard to find.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Withthe proliferation of Chinese knockoffs, another item that is getting hard to find, is good quality crimps.
The ring terminal crimps and connectors at the auto parts store, Lowe's and HD are junk.

Even some electrical parts houses have poor quality connectors.

Panduit and Thomas & Betts still make some good quality crimps. Just hard to find.
McMaster-Carr has a great selection. Most of theirs are 3M that I have ordered recently.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
The Feinex mini 4200 is a very good set of switches for the price of 99.00 they are waterproof and simple to hook up. That being said they don't have blue tooth or programing and other than making the top two switches wig wag if you would like. Also the button color is in green only. Its pretty simple to hook up one power and one negative then the other 6 wires are all ready to go. At 3.5 amps per switch it is sufficient for most accessories and if it not you can always run a relay. I myself have some running to a Bussman water proof fuse/relay box as needed. I can tell you from experience from my last build with hazard that we ran some screws to deep and they still replaced the unit even with it being our fault. I have been impressed with them through several years of hard wet (some times underwater) riding they have always worked well.

foot print is fairly small as well

Dash Dash2

Last edited:
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
McMaster-Carr has a great selection. Most of theirs are 3M that I have ordered recently.
I use McMaster Carr for work a lot.
I wished they listed brands and manufacturer sometimes.

J

JTW

What's next?
Lmao! Good luck with that!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!