P1000 High Idle

Wi_ACE

Wi_ACE

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hartford, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought the gear reduction was in addition to the portals.
Now I see it as a 30% reduction portal.

Were you able to make any headway with anything?
I just started it, cold start 40° here, and tried to recreate the high idle, and it appeared to idle as it should. Started off at 1800 and settled down to 1100 as it warmed up a bit.

J

JTW

Are you sure it wasn’t the “choke” causing a higher rpm? The computer regulates the fuel injectors just like a person would a choke on a carbureted system. The open injectors allow for a higher rpm to warm the motor.

Reactions: Wi_ACE
Wi_ACE

Wi_ACE

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hartford, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you sure it wasn’t the “choke” causing a higher rpm? The computer regulates the fuel injectors just like a person would a choke on a carbureted system. The open injectors allow for a higher rpm to warm the motor.
Honestly, I have no idea why it was doing that. That's why I turned to the guys here for answers. That makes sense that it'd be choked on a cold start.

I just thought something weird was going on because when I first noticed it the motor was warmed up and idling at 1100 in park, but then after driving just 10' and putting it back in park the rpm's would stay around 1800.

Also want to note now that I have my rear brakes hooked up, and I'm with you in that I don't see the brakes effecting the idle.

It seems to be operating normally now.

Appreciate your input. Thanks for your time.

Wi_ACE

Wi_ACE

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hartford, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Warmed up and idling as it should.

20190412 080050

T

Toddb

Mar 9, 2021
Basset tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
id like to know if anyone has figured out the high idle situation. my 18 model pk1-3 idles normal until it gets up to operating temp, and if u kill it and restart it it starts the high idle bulls*** and sometimes it surges and high idles. it is driving me crazy i cant stand it