High idle

P

Paul_56

May 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a 21 honda talon 1000r an it high idles an when i give it thottle it gets higher an the exaust turns red an when i tap the thottle body it comes down some

Reactions: Blownzuki
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Idle is controlled by the IACV. It's located on the throttle body and acts as an auto choak.

Dirty ones will cause high idle. There have also been report of bad ones and wires being broken. The break is not visible.

But with yours being so new... I wouldn't expect to see dirt or broke wires unless you have a good many miles.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
You might consider checking the throttle cable.
At "idle" the cable should have some slack at the gas pedal.
The foot pad of the gas pedal should move 1/4 inch before the cable starts to move.
There is an adjustment nut/bolt near the gas pedal end of the cable.

P

Paul_56

May 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
I dont have any slack in it will that make my exaust turn cherry red with in a few seconds

Reactions: Blownzuki
P

Paul_56

May 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Found the problem brought it to the honda shop an was a rock stuck behind a lil piece of plastic by the throttle 5 min fix all good now

P

Paul_56

May 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
My babby

20210326 161702

P

Paul_56

May 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
I love it it dont move at all i would recommend doing it thats the best way to do it

P

Paul_56

May 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
An also i turn my havocs backwards an there a whloe better smoother an more traction

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!