P1000 High lifter control arm guard

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know of guards for the highlifter arched arms for front and rear?

Reactions: Isaiah and TxDoc
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, but...I don't feel I need lower control arm guards with the heavy duty construction and increased clearance. Some here say guards just collect mud/dirt/rocks. I will still respect the terrain. My biggest concern is the lack of robustness of the a-arm mounts on the HPK1. And the OEM bushings are rubber and can absorb more shock that the HL poly bushings. Gotta say I feel more comfortable on the rocky trails with the increased a-arm clearance. Only have the rears installed. Fronts this weekend.

Reactions: Isaiah
JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, but...I don't feel I need lower control arm guards with the heavy duty construction and increased clearance. Some here say guards just collect mud/dirt/rocks. I will still respect the terrain. My biggest concern is the lack of robustness of the a-arm mounts on the HPK1. And the OEM bushings are rubber and can absorb more shock that the HL poly bushings. Gotta say I feel more comfortable on the rocky trails with the increased a-arm clearance. Only have the rears installed. Fronts this weekend.
You’re not wrong. I installed a super atv gusset/frame brace for that very reason. If you’re doing the fronts, it’s easy insurance for an extra $100.

7643524A 2541 4CC4 B004 61DB6E8F5175 135AA59A 77AA 4763 AE30 3EF28E2D30D4 36B43E32 E80F 4012 BA02 BF072FF5430D

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the guards for the coverage of the cv boots it provides. Most that I see wrap up and keep trees and logs out of the shaft and keep you from tearing a boot. That's why I wanted guards.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm running the satv arms. About 3k miles with no guards. Even recently I've been using my 3 seat to run down small crab apple saplings and briar bushes in a 20 acre wooded lot. We've cut nearly a mile of trail mainly just running s*** over and the cleaning up the mess once I'm stuck. I've ripped a mud buster and two lights off the machine but had no issues with debris around the control arms. The first 1k miles with the stock arms with guards I had a hell of a time keeping s*** out them. I tore two boots with the guards.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm running the satv arms. About 3k miles with no guards. Even recently I've been using my 3 seat to run down small crab apple saplings and briar bushes in a 20 acre wooded lot. We've cut nearly a mile of trail mainly just running s*** over and the cleaning up the mess once I'm stuck. I've ripped a mud buster and two lights off the machine but had no issues with debris around the control arms. The first 1k miles with the stock arms with guards I had a hell of a time keeping s*** out them. I tore two boots with the guards.
Been there done that, have the no A Arm guard tee shirt! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!