P700m4 High mileage

Rodger Dodger

Rodger Dodger

May 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 700 has almost 10,000 miles. It recently started using a little oil. I can smell it but have no blue smoke. I was wondering if anyone on here has used any kind of additive suck as slick 50, marvel etc. and if so what kind of results have you had?
thanks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
How much oil?

My 2020 has always used a bit. So did the 500 I had. I can't remember for sure but I think my 2014 700 did as well. The 500 was actually the worst...

I wouldn't put anything like that in 700. If anything, I'd get some Yamaha ring free additive for the gas if you think the rings might be carboned up and sticking, but I don't think the 700 is known for that. As Mr Darkness said, it may just be time for some refreshing.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!