Talon Hitch Receiver Compatability with OEM Rear Bumper

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm curious if anyone has successfully mounted a radius plate hitch receiver with one of the Honda OEM rear bumpers?

I've looked at a few different hitch receivers from different manufacturers and most of them don't have them cutout enough to accommodate the rear bumper struts.

Dragonfire's model looks like it'd be pretty close, but I can't tell for sure just by photos so I'm curious if anyone can provide some hands-on feedback with this combination.

Dragonfire's Receiver

SuperATV's Receiver

KFI's Receiver

McNasty Customz Receiver

lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
did you ever figure this out? I have the same question about a hitch and bumper. did the dragonfire one work?

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes and no.

From what I understand - at the time I'm writing this - the only combination of individual parts that'll allow for a rear bumper and a separate radius plate hitch receiver is the SuperATV rear bumper and the SuperATV rear hitch receiver.

An alternative to still have a rear bumper and a hitch receiver is the HMF Defender Rear Bumper. I've got one on order and it appears to be back-ordered a few weeks presumably due to COVID.

I plan to use it with my Krash Offroad cage and shim up the 2" tube clamp mounts to accommodate my 1.75" aftermarket cage tubing diameter.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes and no.

From what I understand - at the time I'm writing this - the only combination of individual parts that'll allow for a rear bumper and a separate radius plate hitch receiver is the SuperATV rear bumper and the SuperATV rear hitch receiver.

An alternative to still have a rear bumper and a hitch receiver is the HMF Defender Rear Bumper. I've got one on order and it appears to be back-ordered a few weeks presumably due to COVID.

I plan to use it with my Krash Offroad cage and shim up the 2" tube clamp mounts to accommodate my 1.75" aftermarket cage tubing diameter.

That's exactly what I did on mine Jason. I used some left over spacers from a roll bar light mount that I'm not using any longer. Worked perfectly on my 1 3/4" cage and HMF rear.
IMG 1929

Reactions: TripleB
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That's exactly what I did on mine Jason. I used some left over spacers from a roll bar light mount that I'm not using any longer. Worked perfectly on my 1 3/4" cage and HMF rear. View attachment 210791

Yes sir - I remembered either reading that or discussing it with you previously so I'm "borrowing" that idea for my own use :cool:. I've found myself on a few occasions now needing a rear hitch point for recoveries and decided to make the switch to make life a bit easier when those situations present themselves.

Reactions: TerryH
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I posted a thread tagging super atv to it I was able to modify the super atv one to work with the factory rear bumper also talking with the local rep at shop I gave him the pictures as well with dimensions he presented it to r and d I got a call from him about 2 weeks later said be on the look out for a redesign this year for one that will work with factory bumper so keep ur eyes out supposedly one is coming

I used a sawzaw grinder plasma cutter and welder to make mine fit per perfect and epoxy painted it back black if u didn’t know what it was originally u would think it was factory made

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!