Home made Rear spring spacers using PVC

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I didn't like how the Pioneer sat lower on the rear after installing the front lift & front spring spacers . So I made these rear spring spacers over a year ago out of PVC. I made the 3/4" in length.I used 2" pvc pipe and glued a 2" joiner over top of the pipe.then cut the other end of the joiner off and slit it length wise and glued it over top of everything.Sure there is a gap in the outer piece but it didn't affect anything.I made it triple wall so this way the spring is supported really good and everything sits nice on the adjusting ring. I've had set up for a year now and haven't had any problems.

Attachments

• Pioneer rear spring spacers 001 (Small).jpg
    Pioneer rear spring spacers 001 (Small).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 519
  • Pioneer rear spring spacers 004 (Small).jpg
    Pioneer rear spring spacers 004 (Small).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 539
  • Pioneer rear spring spacers 007 (Small).jpg
    Pioneer rear spring spacers 007 (Small).jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 462
  • Pioneer rear spring spacers 008 (Small).jpg
    Pioneer rear spring spacers 008 (Small).jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 438
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I remember talking about using PVC for a spacer when we were first talking about them for the front shock. Looking at your pictures of the rear. Because it is made different there is not any outward pressure like the front has from the washer stops.
I too think the rear one will last a lifetime.

For the front. If a second washer could be located then it would work just a well.
Thanks for posting pics.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!