P500 Homemade front rack for P500

P

pastorbmp

Dec 13, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I was looking online for a front rack for P500. The only one I found was over $250. On top of the price, it would not work with my Bison brush guard. So, I set out to make myself some kind of a rack for the front. It had to be easily removable, so I could get the hood off when needed. I didn't need anything to heavy duty - just to put backpack or a small cooler on.

I looked around the garage for some ideas - I found this wire shelf. PERFECT! I put some thick rubber padding under it to keep from scratching the hood. I have secured it with wire ties right now, but I ordered some Heavy Duty Hook and Loop (velcro) straps to secure it - so it will be a simple removal and reattachment. I think it will serve me well. And the total cost: $6 for velcro straps and scrap material from around the garage.

2017 02 03 204124 2017 02 03 204214 2017 02 03 205353

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
White Pine, MI Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking online for a front rack for P500. The only one I found was over $250. On top of the price, it would not work with my Bison brush guard. So, I set out to make myself some kind of a rack for the front. It had to be easily removable, so I could get the hood off when needed. I didn't need anything to heavy duty - just to put backpack or a small cooler on.

I looked around the garage for some ideas - I found this wire shelf. PERFECT! I put some thick rubber padding under it to keep from scratching the hood. I have secured it with wire ties right now, but I ordered some Heavy Duty Hook and Loop (velcro) straps to secure it - so it will be a simple removal and reattachment. I think it will serve me well. And the total cost: $6 for velcro straps and scrap material from around the garage.

View attachment 32224 View attachment 32225 View attachment 32226
NICE JOB!!!

Reactions: pastorbmp1965
P

pastorbmp

Dec 13, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Got the "Hook and Loop" straps I ordered and got my homemade front rack mounted. Works GREAT!
DSC02671
DSC02672
DSC02673

P

pastorbmp1965

Dec 4, 2016
US
Does it move even a little? I think it'll end up scratching if it does.
Doesn't move a bit. Solid as a rock. . And, I have rubber padding between hood and rack.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!