Honda Cab Frame Cargo Bag

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I received the cargo bag today. Decided on this vs making some type of a glove box. After test mounting to the rear, upper cross-member, was not happy that it was below the hardtop and partially blocking the rear view. I think I found a solution though. It appears that I can easily make my own cross-member from 1" PVC pipe. The ends would be captured at the gap between the 90 degree bend of the roll cage and the hard top. I will have to release the two rear hardtop clamps and tilt the top to get the PVC pipe in, but that should be easy and will not require any permanent mounting holes, etc. I should be able to pick up the PVC tomorrow, and give it a shot. I'll post results with pictures.

PS: Still cold here but the P500 is covered with spring mud already. :)

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Not sure how the 500 mounts, but i had the same problem with the bag blocking my rear view on my 700. I decided to mount it just above the top of the seat, below the head rests. It fits there perfect and is not in the way at all.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
That is probably a decent option if this doesn't work for me. My preference in this location is to keep it out the rain and mud as much as possible. And areas that often see the pressure washer.

The gap will only fit the diameter of 1" PVC so will put a section of 1.25" PVC over most of it so that the three rear straps can be tight.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Materials:
- 1" PVC X 44 5/8"
- 1.25" PVC X 30"
- 3 golf club tubes
- Black Electrical Tape

Cargo1

Cargo2

Cargo3

Cargo4

Cargo5

Cargo6

Cargo7

Cargo8

Reactions: Dp5hunter
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Very nice I wish I could come up with something for my gun case. It blocks my whole rear view. But I can't move it forward its to big and would hit my head while riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
scott said:
I wish I could come up with something for my gun case.

That's what I'm working on next. Well, just a gun holder, for a PCP airgun carbine. I am going to try overhead but mounted to the front cross tube. I think this gun will be light enough to do that. 2nd choice will be some sort of shoe on the floor, vertical set-up.

R

rbull

Sep 28, 2014

Attachments

• Cargo1.jpg
    Cargo1.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Cargo2.jpg
    Cargo2.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Cargo3.jpg
    Cargo3.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 141
  • Cargo4.jpg
    Cargo4.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Cargo5.jpg
    Cargo5.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Cargo6.jpg
    Cargo6.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Cargo7.jpg
    Cargo7.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 146
  • Cargo8.jpg
    Cargo8.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 151
R

rbull

Sep 28, 2014
Thank you FuzzyGrub. I too was disappointed to lose a little vision in the mirror. This is a great mod and worked great for me too! Again Thanks a lot for posting this!
Ron

advertisement
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
One custion :oops: what's a golf club tube?

A black plastic tube to protect your clubs when in the bag. I got them at Dick's a number of years ago, for fishing rod holder in a boat I was modding. ie I don't golf. :) It is not critical, it just covers the white pvc from showing.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
A black plastic tube to protect your clubs when in the bag. I got them at Dick's a number of years ago, for fishing rod holder in a boat I was modding. ie I don't golf. :) It is not critical, it just covers the white pvc from showing.
Ok thanks I thought it was part of the build. Thanks for the correction.

J

JTW

I received the cargo bag today. Decided on this vs making some type of a glove box. After test mounting to the rear, upper cross-member, was not happy that it was below the hardtop and partially blocking the rear view. I think I found a solution though. It appears that I can easily make my own cross-member from 1" PVC pipe. The ends would be captured at the gap between the 90 degree bend of the roll cage and the hard top. I will have to release the two rear hardtop clamps and tilt the top to get the PVC pipe in, but that should be easy and will not require any permanent mounting holes, etc. I should be able to pick up the PVC tomorrow, and give it a shot. I'll post results with pictures.

PS: Still cold here but the P500 is covered with spring mud already. :)
Where did you get your cargo bag? Do you have a link?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get your cargo bag? Do you have a link?
I got mine at the honda shop, no need for the PVC pipe, just velcroed to the roll bar

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!