E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, it finally happened. I hit a water puddle in my P1000-3eps and got my ass steamed. First time in one year of ownership. We don't get much moisture here in Nevada. I need to find out what you guys with water do about it. It really burnt my lower back. I was shocked. Please advise on best way to stop this.....

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This happened to my little girl(6). It actually burned her. I layered the firewall type material u can buy on eBay. It helped a little. I then took the rear covers off my P3. This helped a lot!

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Try installing self stick reflective heat barrier ( firewall automotive rated) 1/4 inch thick on underside of entire seat. Then cover gap between seat frame and rear seat cushion to stop any heat rising up. Have done this to my 2017 P1000-3 and in 104 degree heat in Nevada last weekend my wife didn't complain riding in shorts. That's the real test!
I have a roll of the self stick reflective heat barrier, but have not applied it yet. Doesn't it interfere with maintenance? I am reluctant to cover up access under the seat. Does it come off if you need access?

No wonder Honda has a gas pedal recall - it probably melted. LOL

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a roll of the self stick reflective heat barrier, but have not applied it yet. Doesn't it interfere with maintenance? I am reluctant to cover up access under the seat. Does it come off if you need access?stick it to the bottom of the seat.

Reactions: Redmoon
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a roll of the self stick reflective heat barrier, but have not applied it yet. Doesn't it interfere with maintenance? I am reluctant to cover up access under the seat. Does it come off if you need access?

Stick it to the bottom of the seat.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ha Ha Ha Good stuff

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used exhaust header wrap and I think it works pretty good. Some say it could corrode the exhaust but if it does I’ll just replace them.

Waylan

Reactions: russknight
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just had the updated heat barrier(comfort kit) but Im thinking of putting the thermos tec on it as well. I was thinking of putting right over the comfort kit. We also added a half windshield and a back window(will a inch on each side not a 100% coverage) which moved the air around. I will let you know what we find out. I just burned my buns a week ago. It was hot and we live in AZ

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This happened to my little girl(6). It actually burned her. I layered the firewall type material u can buy on eBay. It helped a little. I then took the rear covers off my P3. This helped a lot!
Wouldn't someone
We just had the updated heat barrier(comfort kit) but Im thinking of putting the thermos tec on it as well. I was thinking of putting right over the comfort kit. We also added a half windshield and a back window(will a inch on each side not a 100% coverage) which moved the air around. I will let you know what we find out. I just burned my buns a week ago. It was hot and we live in AZ
I purchased
I used Thermo-Tec Thermo Guard under the seat very happy. Placed it right on top of the Honda condom. Just waiting for the Turbo 4000 bilge fan. I think it’s important to move that heat off of the motor.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I used this and it works very well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laser-Fi...to-Sun-Visor-for-Heat-Block-UV-Rays/584597509

Heat shield

Reactions: bigr244
advertisement
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Did you just lay this under the seat? Did it require trimming?

It required trimming around the seatbelts, the seat latch, and here and there. I folded it so it comes up 8-10 inches behind the seat as well. Not too difficult and it works very well.

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My previous ride was a CanAm Outlander. The heat from a Pioneer 1000-5 is luke warm at worst compared to my oven thigh roasting Can Am.

Reactions: Urdaddymike

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!