Honda care Warranty?

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With my factory warranty running out soon, Do you think it is worth it to purchase the additional honda care warranty. I feel like I am pretty confident that my clutch will go out in the next couple years. The cost is $1050.00 for 3 years or $1300 for 4 years. Is it worth it, or is it a waste of money. My machine is a 2018 1000-5. Thanks guys

Reactions: TripleB
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have lift, oversized tires or snorkel installed?? If so it’s a waste because they can and usually do deny claims because of that. There are good dealers out there that will help though, I’m not lucky enough to have one.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There isn’t much that warranty will actually cover from all I’ve seen. Gotta agree with aaumen88. Most problems have free service bulletins and it’s a Honda! I regret getting warranty myself so it’s hard to tell someone else too.

H

HondaTech

I've seen HPP cover some expensive repairs.

I've personally had a customer get over $4000 worth of stuff covered on a Goldwing with HPP, including a paint bubble on the front garnish and the bike was 6 years old and had almost 100k miles.

Like stated before it depends on how hard your dealer wants to fight sometimes. I want your stuff covered by warranty because Honda pays better.

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys, I figured this would be the consensus but just wanted to make sure.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I regret buying the warranty on my first p1k. The opportunity just passed for my second machine and I happily kept the money in my pocket. Not worth having a warranty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've seen HPP cover some expensive repairs.

I've personally had a customer get over $4000 worth of stuff covered on a Goldwing with HPP, including a paint bubble on the front garnish and the bike was 6 years old and had almost 100k miles.

Like stated before it depends on how hard your dealer wants to fight sometimes. I want your stuff covered by warranty because Honda pays better.
To be fair....... a street machine is a different story than an off road vehicle.

Not all warranties are worthless but on this machine the odds of needing warranty work, and getting it covered, outside of first year of ownership is probably pretty slim.

After all, if they weren't making money on the warranty they wouldn't be so excited to sell you one.

Funny story, when I asked the dealer why there was a huge price increase on the warranty compared to when I bought it in 2016..... he said honda had a bunch of warranty claims on a series of the Gold Wing and they were trying to recoup their losses.

In 2016 I paid less than half of what they are asking for a warranty now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I actually have Kawasaki extended warranty on mine, as they cover other brands. Was half the cost of the Honda. Already had to use it for a rear diff and didn't even take the 30's off. The rear diff pinion kept eating seals.

Luckily I was at a multi-brand dealer that offered me this. If I need Honda only work I carry my buggy to a Honda only dealer. They will still recognize the Kawasaki warranty as they just make a phone call and take the pictures and all the warranty company requires.

I have had bad experiences with Honda warranty when I owned my P500.
Long story short... Had a pioneer 500 bought used. Was on a dirt road and it started knocking. So I take it in. Deny claim due to water intrusion. I'm like ok it was a dirt road. Go get my bike and carry to another dealer for second opinion because I knew it had not been in any water. Other dealer says they find no evidence of water, mud, etc. Honda then calls and says "They are still denying my claim because I must have cleaned said parts before carrying it to the other dealer" Even called me the evil word "liar" which I take pride in not being. I said ok well my lawyer is going to love to hear this when I only had an hr. to get from one dealer to the other before they closed. I left one at 5... and made it to the other at 5:45 with minutes to spare. Hopefully there is some surveillance footage that can be obtained showing this... I was then put on hold. They came back on saying after speaking with a supervisor they would "goodwill" the parts and I would just have to pay the labor. I said ok... but deep down, I wrote them off right then!

jdgriner

jdgriner

Sep 4, 2019
Pacific Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a extended warranty with my Honda shadow, ran over a 2x4... a chunk of wood got stuck in my breather tube for the gas tank.... On a warm fall day I bought gas parked it over night and the gas tank imploded. My dealer went to battle for me, and got Honda warranty to cover it including paint match and everything.. they told me the only reason why they even considered covering it is because I paid the extra for the warranty.

Might be apples and oranges, but I bought the warranty with my side by side

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
They offer the extended warranty because they make tons of money on it. I dont get it on anything I buy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!