P1000 Honda cargo mat - cut holes

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In a weak moment I splurged on the Honda cargo mat for my P1000-3 at $106 as I recall. It is a nice mat that doesn't get out of place when using the tilt on the cargo bed, but it covers the tie down anchors. Therefore I need to somehow cut-out the 4 anchor points without making it look like a butcher went wild.

How have you, or how would you suggest, cutting this mat which is at least 1/4 inch thick. I have considered a hole saw, utility knife, and coping saw - suggestions? (Maybe a .410 at 3 feet.)

I know this isn't the biggest problem the world faces, but I would like to get it right.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There's a better cargo mat on eBay but you already have the factory mat I would start by drilling a hole in the center where you want to cut out or maybe drill a small hole in the four corners then take a straight edge and a sharp utility knife and just have to trace out where you want to cut and just follow the lines I have cut a mat from tractor supply like that and it looked good

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I layed out the cuts on my tsc mat with a silver Sharpie then used a jigsaw.

advertisement
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Guess I'll give the hole saw a go. Thanks for all the tips.

Heck, if I keep getting these little things done, I may have my machine ready for a trail ride by April. LOL I have to stop treating it like it's the Hope Diamond at some point.