Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wow, hadn't checked this thread in a week, thought I would drop in an see if OP had received any resolution. Turns out its been a 3 day dumpster fire.

@HondaTech is right, a decent dealer should know how to get things done, I have had to wait for warranty parts once before, but a few times they got in knocked out fast. Between the Regional Rep and Honda Customer Care escalation of a case, things typically get done in a timely fashion, unless something happens to give them pause, dealer included.

Reactions: TripleB
G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
Took my talon in for popping in the rear end Dealer found a bad axel. 500 miles on the machine. He tried to get ahold of Honda warranty rep for three weeks. Finally got a supervisor. They sent the parts. Minus the snap ring took two weeks to get it. Rep called my wife got smart with her Sent two hats to make up for it. Honda should do. Better. They may have lost a lifetime customer. I have two sxs. And two four wheelers. All Honda.
Can you explain what your popping sound was like. I have a similar issue driving me nuts.thanks in advance.

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
When I turned to the right it would pop. Almost a clunk. It sounded like the rear end but was the axel. It’s hard to explain a noise. Hope that helps. Haven’t had any more issues. Have put a couple hundred miles on it. Good luck

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!