Honda factory accessory kit

TireTechGuy

TireTechGuy

Jul 29, 2021
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys. I'm new to the Honda pioneer. My machiene came with a kit installed under the hood and on the dash for accessories for the heater light bar and two auxiliary aswell as a little volt meter screen and a wiper harness, now when I look in the switch panel it looks like a five pin round female harness but all the rocker switches I find have flat male prongs on them where can I find the right rocker switch to wire up a 12 inch light bar to the factory harness that came on the bike which would be a direct plug and play to the Honda kit.. thanks

Last edited:
Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys. I'm new to the Honda pioneer. My machiene came with a kit installed under the hood and on the dash for accessories for the heater light bar and two auxiliary aswell as a little volt meter screen and a wiper harness, now when I look in the switch panel it looks like a five pin round female harness but all the rocker switches I find have flat male prongs on them where can I find the right rocker switch to wire up a 12 inch light bar to the factory harness that came on the bike which would be a direct plug and play to the Honda kit.. thanks
Is the 12” light a Honda oem part? Or are you trying to install an aftermarket light bar? If you purchase the oem light bar, the kit should include the oem rocker switch. If its not oem, any rocker switch will work but this route will not connect to the oem Honda accessory board under hood. It will be a direct connect to a second accessory battery or straight to the main battery.

As far as I can tell, the connectors inside the accessory panel are squared. Are you able to post of pic of the said connector?

Reactions: 05Willys
TireTechGuy

TireTechGuy

Jul 29, 2021
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the 12” light a Honda oem part? Or are you trying to install an aftermarket light bar? If you purchase the oem light bar, the kit should include the oem rocker switch. If its not oem, any rocker switch will work but this route will not connect to the oem Honda accessory board under hood. It will be a direct connect to a second accessory battery or straight to the main battery.

As far as I can tell, the connectors inside the accessory panel are squared. Are you able to post of pic of the said connector?
Ok thanks.. so what your saying is I will have to buy the light bar kit from Honda to be compatible with the Honda accessories kit. Otherwise it won't utilize the square switch harness behind the rocker switch panel. I never knew that you had to go directly to Honda. This makes looking for a 12 inch bar much easier... But much more expensive lol..

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks.. so what your saying is I will have to buy the light bar kit from Honda to be compatible with the Honda accessories kit. Otherwise it won't utilize the square switch harness behind the rocker switch panel. I never knew that you had to go directly to Honda. This makes looking for a 12 inch bar much easier... But much more expensive lol..
You got it! Good luck!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at the light bar sold here in the store, it’s plug and play and uses the light switch in the unit not a separate rocker switch, turns on with brights.

N

nuclear

Jun 4, 2021
saxton ,pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out this seller on Ebay

Ebay Ebay 2

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Look at the light bar sold here in the store, it’s plug and play and uses the light switch in the unit not a separate rocker switch, turns on with brights.

Everything I have bought from the Club has been top of the line, built for Honda's and by a Honda rider, I won't go anywhere else if he makes it.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is always the option of a couple of snips with wire cutters and crimp on female spade connectors. Very cheap and easy to do.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
TireTechGuy

TireTechGuy

Jul 29, 2021
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would use the

High beam switch light bar setup is cool. But I want to utilize the Honda factory switch panel kit that's wired into the machiene already. I might use this kit also but I really want to use the kit the machiene already came with.

Screenshot 20210731 223200 comandroidchrome

H

HondaTech

I would use the

High beam switch light bar setup is cool. But I want to utilize the Honda factory switch panel kit that's wired into the machiene already. I might use this kit also but I really want to use the kit the machiene already came with.

View attachment 291222
This should be the kit you already have installed.

advertisement

338fedman

Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2022
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the OP is looking for the molex connector. I just put a similar post out there looking for these but I couldn't find anyone that has there available. Appears to be the only way is to buy the individual connectors and wire it up yourself. The switch on the panel end i think would be a specialty item also but you could cut the wires and put on spade connectors for the switch as mentioned above.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
High beam switch light bar setup is cool. But I want to utilize the Honda factory switch panel kit that's wired into the machiene already.
Using an additional switch versus NO switch? Not sure why that would sound like a better option, but to each their own. I don't ever see a situation where I would put on my high beams and NOT want my front mounted light on, so using the club store slight that turns on/off when you turn the high beams off is perfect. This also lets you use that (additional) switch for something else.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Using an additional switch versus NO switch? Not sure why that would sound like a better option, but to each their own. I don't ever see a situation where I would put on my high beams and NOT want my front mounted light on, so using the club store slight that turns on/off when you turn the high beams off is perfect. This also lets you use that (additional) switch for something else.
A good reason to separate them would be, if your headlights quit you still have lights. I have a problem on my 22 trail where it blows fuses in the headlight circuit. I had to drive home using my phone flashlight. I will be installing my light bar with its own switch

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
A good reason to separate them would be, if your headlights quit you still have lights. I have a problem on my 22 trail where it blows fuses in the headlight circuit. I had to drive home using my phone flashlight. I will be installing my light bar with its own switch
I would focus my attention on fixing the root of the problem, not creating a Band-Aid for it.

Also, adding another switch and wiring increases potential points of failure.

But ... gotta do what you feel is best for you.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!