P1000 Honda factory roof p1000-5 black vs grey?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
... so it would be better if the plastic was colored.

Thats racist 2537075349

Seriously ... I don't think it will make much of a difference. Agree with @GovtMule and @Remington.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to side with @GovtMule and @Remington on this, might be trying to reinvent the wheel here.
As far as trying to keep the heat out from the top…
Drive faster is about it.
Want it brighter? Add lights , my daughter bought me a battery powered light that velcros to the ROPS and it works great.
If you figure something out and it works, throw up some pics.
If you figure something out and it don’t work…
Throw up some pics so we so we can laugh at ya.
JK Good luck on whatever you decide

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rock lights are small, not obtrusive, bright and come in many colors for less intensity, but good effect, i.e. red...... If you want light.

I have white and can find a small object anywhere in the front or rear of my 1000-5.

Good luck

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I have the light grey underside Honda roof on my P1K-5. I feel it makes the interior more spacious considering it's seems lighter inside, especially when the interior lights are on in the evening. As far as heat reflection, it's not the most comfortable vehicle to drive when it's sweltering outdoors. I've had several people comment while out riding and never sensed I was an idiot for doing so, actually most said they weren't aware and would have purchased had they known? I feel that if a standard Honda roof was thoroughly prepped, taped off and rattle can it. One would accomplish a similar effect. The factory grey has a slight rubbery texture. Condensation control? I wouldn't hesitate doing so again. Actually, I'm going to look at doing one of my Talons and see if it brightens it up, especially this time of the year. Thanks for the idea and good luck with your purchase

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I wanted the brand name self-adhesive material hot-rodders and car restorers use but decided it was too expensive
That's Dynamat.
I bought a cheaper but similar product. It's adhesive on one side, similar to aluminum foil on the other, with thin insulating material sandwiched between.
Probably Frost King. I lined the inside of my tool box with it to help insulate and reduce vibration of the subs. It's stayed stuck other than the aluminum foil face. I'd never put it anywhere that's visible.

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the light grey underside Honda roof on my P1K-5. I feel it makes the interior more spacious considering it's seems lighter inside, especially when the interior lights are on in the evening. As far as heat reflection, it's not the most comfortable vehicle to drive when it's sweltering outdoors. I've had several people comment while out riding and never sensed I was an idiot for doing so, actually most said they weren't aware and would have purchased had they known? I feel that if a standard Honda roof was thoroughly prepped, taped off and rattle can it. One would accomplish a similar effect. The factory grey has a slight rubbery texture. Condensation control? I wouldn't hesitate doing so again. Actually, I'm going to look at doing one of my Talons and see if it brightens it up, especially this time of the year. Thanks for the idea and good luck with your purchase

Any idea what product you might use? TY

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Call the dealer and see if they sell what ever is on mine in a can. We are a Honda Power Dealer and I'm surprised at the different paints they offer. I can check tomorrow as I would prefer using the same on the talon. BTW, mine was filthy after 23TO, and I took a soapy mitt and scrubbed and hosed it off and it looked new afterwards. Didn't have to dry with a towel to eliminate all of the waterspouts.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I may be way off here…but I don’t think anything suggested is going to make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion it wouldn’t be worth the effort to do any of it. Just get in and enjoy what you got!
I agree. Been there, done that.

My cab is insulated roof to floor and I don't know if it made any difference. I don't have much heat to contend with - summer highs where I live now are about 85°. The cabs are so crudely designed and leak so much cold air I don't think the insulation does much good in winter either.

Spraying a rattle can coat of bed liner on the underside of the roof won't cost much, will not be a lot of trouble, and won't hurt anything but if you're hoping for big improvements you'll probably be disappointed.

Maybe mother Honda will design a new cab suitable for summer air conditioning and winter heating in a few years.

Reactions: TxDoc
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Another thought - using the rattle can spray on bed liner may absorb engine, DCT, and sub-transmission noise rather than reflect it like insulating material I used.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wow! Quite steep for a gay paint job. I can get u an Earl Shribe paint job for under $50 for that in Detroit 🤣 must be a new option to make it feel liter in the cab?

As for insulation under that hood. The mai question is, are u doing a full cab? That would be the only reason to think about doing that imo. Even with just so soft doors and heater is plenty to keep u nice a warm. As for jeeping the heat out huh🤨
Besides, to insulate would be a whore cuz of all the contoured edges with the Honda roof. Im sure it would have been done here first. If it aint in the search up top, it aint been done!
It's to "brighten up the interior" along with gray doors and mid panel that way you can more easily see the Guage cluster from 1992.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is that moment where everyone looks up and just realizes they could have a different color from someone else. :p

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!