BOX1

P1000 Honda Factory Switch Plate

H

HondaTech

If I understand correctly then the wire connected to the fuse box would be the main power source and I should move that to the positive side of the 2nd battery. The negative connection I could move to the 2nd battery also. Then the wire going to the key on wire would be a signal wire only and shouldn't draw any power from the main battery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah that should work. Though I have know experience with dual battery setups.

Reactions: jajohn00
J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I have visited with another member of the forum that has moved the power from the Honda PDM to the second battery. It looks to be a pretty straight forward move. The red cable that is attached to the starter terminal is basicly connected to the battery side of that terminal. It supplies the power to the PDM. The ground is the ground. The wire that is connected to the fuse block acts as the power on switch and draws little from the primary battery.
So what I am going to do is simply hook up the red cable to positive and the black cable to negative both on the 2nd battery and leave the wire that is tapped into the fuse box.
I will let you know how it goes.

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
Ok. I have installed the duel battery set up. And thanks to all the wonderful feedback from this forum all seems to be working well. I did migrate the Honda PDM to the second battery. All I had to do was move the red wire from the starter block and the ground both to the second battery. Works great.
This topic began with a question about the Honda PDM and switch plate. Here is what I experienced. I had my dealer install a winch and wiper at time of purchase. Ok. $300.
That gave me 2 open spots for lights I was told. Then I found that required the purchase of 2 more cables. Ok $100.
Now after hooking up my lights I blew a fuse. So I dig in. I discover that the circuits for the LED and AUX are both 5 amp fuses. I have two GG LIGHT bars. Small by comparison to many. A 10" and a 12". They both draw about 6 amps. So now I have had to use both of my free Honda circuits for my 2 LED bars. I am hoping they will work. I had to run my side and rear pods separately. So much for the benifits of the so called plug and play benifits of the Honda PDM that my dealer sold me on. Bd4725f7a8fa8c91e59baa69610cd2231e92e1cbcab013dfde8cce40541e2ab28489486dc9d06f5433f8bc9725acd1fb

JLR

JLR

Apr 26, 2019
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. I have installed the duel battery set up. And thanks to all the wonderful feedback from this forum all seems to be working well. I did migrate the Honda PDM to the second battery. All I had to do was move the red wire from the starter block and the ground both to the second battery. Works great.
This topic began with a question about the Honda PDM and switch plate. Here is what I experienced. I had my dealer install a winch and wiper at time of purchase. Ok. $300.
That gave me 2 open spots for lights I was told. Then I found that required the purchase of 2 more cables. Ok $100.
Now after hooking up my lights I blew a fuse. So I dig in. I discover that the circuits for the LED and AUX are both 5 amp fuses. I have two GG LIGHT bars. Small by comparison to many. A 10" and a 12". They both draw about 6 amps. So now I have had to use both of my free Honda circuits for my 2 LED bars. I am hoping they will work. I had to run my side and rear pods separately. So much for the benifits of the so called plug and play benifits of the Honda PDM that my dealer sold me on. View attachment 127160View attachment 127161View attachment 127162

JaJohn, I appreciate the detailed information, I am in a similar position - I purchased the unit and had the dealer install the glass windshield with wiper kit and a KFI winch. They mentioned a switch plate was required and I really did not think much about aftermarket options for that item while in the showroom (now wish I did but such is life). I am looking to install the second battery kit and make the same move you did. How did that end up working out now that you have had the setup for a while?

I do a lot of ice fishing and plan to setup my fish finder from my boat in the Pioneer during the winter for use when jigging as well as when setting traps by utilizing the GPS and depth charts from Navionics and the auto chart live maps I develop during the open water season.

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
My duel battery set up is working great. I couldn't have done it without this forum. Once I moved the Honda PDM power to the second battery and understood it's limits it is working fine. The set up I could have purchased and built for what I spent on the Honda PDM is a little depressing. LOL.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok new guy here just joined. Bought new 1000-5 delux. Having top windshield factory storage warn 55s and rigid 50" E pro installed by dealer. I privided winch and light bar. Bought rest from dealer. I also bought factory switch panel kit switches and fuse box relocation kit. Prices were outlandish Agreed. Heres the rub. I am not a mechanic. My time is scarce. Mt dealer said that any fit priblems on aftermarket seitches/panels ger into a custom labor fab issue. Also has factory warranty implications. I have seen some real shade tree installation jobs on wires and switches at the hunt clubs and other places. Ground up plTes with switches that did nit fit just right. Also have sern u tybe install vids with complaints in this area. So i bit the bullet and paid 3 prices for my switches and plate. I dont like ot but it seemd like the safe not being a tech type. With that being said the factory accessory program is in a word garbage. Im being very kind with young ears listening. Its difficult for a new user to understand. It is lacking and incomplete. And the prices are ridiculious. Dont get me wrong- everything in the way of power equipment I own with the exception of autos in made by Honda. But they could sure do much better. Nobody uses these machines in stock form. Adding necessary accessories is a total disaster. Having one battery is unthinkable and a risk to essential tranny/clutch components. Sorry for the rant. Im still stinging from my weekend trip to the parts counter

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!