P1000 Honda insulation kit

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just had the Honda insulation kit installed in my machine. The kit doesn't appear to be any better than what I had done myself. I had installed insulated foil under and behind the front seat and also installed a fan over the motor. I live in MN and the weather has turned cold so I won't really have a chance to see if the kit does much of anything. Could any of you who live south and have had the kit installed give me your opinion of the kit? I am thinking of putting the foil insulation over the rubber piece that the dealer installed. Any opinions appreciated.

H

HondaTech

I've installed several Honda kits and have noticed it makes a difference in 2 areas.

1. The middle passenger has the little pad which never seems to get hot. I guess that helps a bit.

2. If you run through water and it splashes on the exhaust it seems that the steam and heat from it doesn't make it's way upwards as bad anymore.

I've got a thermal imaging camera and the major heat problem is the hole for the passenger seat belt buckle. It's always the hottest part by far.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
wondering if it can be taken out in the winter months. for some extra cab heat
It can be removed easily. Check out the Appalachian Mountain Riders section in the forums and I have an install vid that shows all the more it would take to remove the pieces of rubber.

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also had put a heat barrier on mine but I could tell a difference but I havent had it out on a hot day But you cant beat the price HaHa

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Between the adding the radiator deflector and the fix kit - seems to make a big diff to me.

Reactions: ToddACimer
E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to reinstall the insulation that I had installed over the top of the factory insulation kit. Should make it even better. I have also installed the plate, from Montana, over the shifter holes. That makes a big difference in the heat coming from the radiator. Other than that and the fan installed on the motor I'm not aware of anything else that can be done other than adding another fan on the motor. Just flip up the windshield and enjoy the breeze.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You may also want the radiator air deflector to keep the hot air of the radiator off the back of the dash

advertisement
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you can order them form any OEM parts house - around $10 if I remember correctly

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Radiator deflector always seems to be back-ordered. I finally got mine and combined with the cabin comfort kit, all is well! Heat is essentially no problem now...

Reactions: ToddACimer and JTH
Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
I need to check and see if my 2017 has this, I don’t feel any heat from the shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!