Honda OEM audio system w/ super atv windshield

lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
hello all,

Has anyone ever installed both the Honda OEM audio system with the superatv adjustable windshield on the talon? does the on dash media conroller fit with the bottom half of the windshield? I am worried the media controller is to tall and will hit the windshield. thanks!

Reactions: Isaiah
K

kgimenez13

Apr 25, 2020
miami
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I just sold my half windshield in order to order the superatv one. My buddy has it and I had my concerns that the bottom half was too high and obstructive. It is not I actually am sold on his windshield. He however does not have the OEM audio that I have. It does appear that there is just enough space to clear the radio controller however it wont look as good. According to my eyes it should not affect functionality. I have not ordered my windshield from super atv just because of the price and ive alredy spent so much money as is on accessories in the 3-4 weeks ive had my machine for. Superatv does emai members of the forum coupon codes in order to save us a few bucks.

lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I just sold my half windshield in order to order the superatv one. My buddy has it and I had my concerns that the bottom half was too high and obstructive. It is not I actually am sold on his windshield. He however does not have the OEM audio that I have. It does appear that there is just enough space to clear the radio controller however it wont look as good. According to my eyes it should not affect functionality. I have not ordered my windshield from super atv just because of the price and ive alredy spent so much money as is on accessories in the 3-4 weeks ive had my machine for. Superatv does emai members of the forum coupon codes in order to save us a few bucks.
thanks for the info... i actually already have the superatv windshield and it is awesome. probably my number one accessory just because comfort is most noticeable and it really blocks the wind when going fast or the dust. then you can open it up when going slower and helps cool everything off. i am just ordering the OEM audio system and was wondering if it would fit. I think you are right that its going to not look as good but oh well the windshield is that good that its staying there

K

kgimenez13

Apr 25, 2020
miami
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just a fore warning. The SSV works radio is OK. It’s not the best by any means but the way the speaker and radio controller mount is nice. Do not trust their templates and take your time and double check before drilling. I had an issue where it was turning off while riding. It ended up being that the in-line fuse holder wouldn’t hold the fuse tightly. I ended up almost crimping it a little more with pliers to make sure it would hold the fuse tightly and then i zip tied the waterproof cover on it to keep it closed.

The sound is ok with the speakers it comes with, I’m not very happy with the sound. Usually i would play music 2 clicks down from full blast on my phone when streaming Bluetooth but with this system requires me 4 clicks down on my phone in order to play music at full volume without getting too much distortion.

I did find some retailers online and on eBay where you can find the kit for about $550ish or slightly cheaper which isn’t as bad as the msrp on $600 plus. I refuse to purchase their rear speakers because of this and their $450 price tag. I did contact them and i just purchased their speaker out harness For $20 in order to add 2 speakers without having to splice the original harness. I will splice into the $20 harness and plug in 2 Noam Audio speakers to add the rear speakers to my machine. The Noam N5 speaker costs $200 and they have a “get5off” coupon code. On my yxz i was super happy with their N4 Bluetooth system with 2 4 inch speaker which costs me a grand total of $200. Their sound quality was awesome install was easy and it always worked when i asked it too.
Their N5 speakers and clamps look like it’ll work perfectly on my 4 seater Talon and it should pair nicely with the SSV works front speakers and controller. Sound wise I’d totally recommend Noam Audio but it won’t fit and finish in the front as nicely as the SSV works will. But for the price Noam seems unbeatable. I hope this info is helpful and good luck with your machine!!

Reactions: Isaiah and lwfinch
lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
thank you so much for your info on all of this. I was going to buy the back speakers as well but with all this info it sure helped me out a bunch. I will look into those N5 speakers, Awesome!

K

kgimenez13

Apr 25, 2020
miami
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Unfortunately the 4 inch speakers from Noam sounds better than the SSV ones. I’m hoping to install the N5s this week or next week and see how it all sounds

lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
so im wondering if its worth buying honda oem to get the easy connect compatible to the talon, along with the nice controler... and then the N5's in the back. let me know if that sounds good that way.

K

kgimenez13

Apr 25, 2020
miami
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It all depends! For accessories go to XTC power products and buy there bus bar. They are absolutely the best in terms of price quality and easy to install. You can hook up any music system to the busbar and go. What i like about the OEM SSV works system is how the front speakers fit just like there supposed to be there (even tho install can be tricky), i like the location of the Bluetooth controller, and the location of the amp. It would be too hard to do it yourself with a better quality system but I’m def happy with figment over the sound of SSV. But i know i could buy the full NOAM Audio N5 and install it with a switch plate and put the controller under the cluster and power it to the bus bar. But that would have 4 speakers on the roll bar. It would be much cheaper this way and prob better sound. I think EMP makes the switch plate for the round Bluetooth controller in the center under the cluster

M

Murfdawg

May 28, 2020
Washington
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the ssv system with the ssv floor speakers & the noam n5's. I also have the superatv fold out windshield. There is no
combination problem with all & it sounds good too.

K

kgimenez13

Apr 25, 2020
miami
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I just put em on a few days ago. Great combination and easy install for the n5 speakers

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!