P700 Honda OEM brake pad material?

R

RandalH

Oct 30, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just purchased a used 2019 Pioneer 700. While doing some maintenance and putting on some new tires, noticed about 1/8” front brake pad remaining. The guy I purchased from said they are the original pads. Pioneer has 1400 miles on it. I have been reading about different pad materials, but can’t find any info on the OEM pad material. What are they made of?
Randy

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just purchased a used 2019 Pioneer 700. While doing some maintenance and putting on some new tires, noticed about 1/8” front brake pad remaining. The guy I purchased from said they are the original pads. Pioneer has 1400 miles on it. I have been reading about different pad materials, but can’t find any info on the OEM pad material. What are they made of?
Randy
As far as I know they are sintered. I go through front pads every 6-700 miles. I run these ones. 2014-2016 Honda Pioneer 700 SXS700M2 (2 Seat) Sintered HH Rear Brake Pads

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!