P1000 Honda P1000-3 noises while driving (Please help)

Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
thats was dumb, does it do it n neutral ?
Although I will say it only makes the noise while in a drive mode moving. if i am just parked with engine idling it doesnt make the noise. I will try it moving while in neutral though...

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Sounds like something rubbing or wrapped on a driveshaft or axle. I don't see the issue with high range at that speed, the engine isn't lugging, the machine is most likely in 1st gear. If you were pulling a load or stuck then yes, most definitely use low range.

I'd pull the skids, maybe put it up on jackstands and run it, see if you can locate it that way.

Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like something rubbing or wrapped on a driveshaft or axle. I don't see the issue with high range at that speed, the engine isn't lugging, the machine is most likely in 1st gear. If you were pulling a load or stuck then yes, most definitely use low range.

I'd pull the skids, maybe put it up on jackstands and run it, see if you can locate it that way.
I will try that!

Reactions: Rayger143 and ChadD
Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
figured it out. jacked up the vehicle and idled it in a drive mode. found out one of the heater exhausts was rubbing on the driveshaft. simple zip tie to separate it off the shaft fixed it! Luckily a cheap and fairly easy fix. Thank you all for your help!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
figured it out. jacked up the vehicle and idled it in a drive mode. found out one of the heater exhausts was rubbing on the driveshaft. simple zip tie to separate it off the shaft fixed it! Luckily a cheap and fairly easy fix. Thank you all for your help!
Cool, glad you figured it out and thanks for updating.

H

HondaTech

That was my next question, do you have a heater. Kinda figured it was simple.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
outstanding

Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That was my next question, do you have a heater. Kinda figured it was simple.
Yeah never really even came to mind about a heater exhaust getting in the way. Once I got up in there I realized there is not much room at all in there next to the driveshaft. Thanks again to everyone who helped, saved me a silly trip to the shop!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!